This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Polling Station for 2022 Elections 
This topic is for discussions on allowing the Supervisor of Elections to use the Beach Club as a polling station for the two election days in 2022.

The days needed will be:

As a reminder, the election dates are as follows:
August 23, 2022 Primary Election
November 8, 2022 General Election

On these days the Clubhouse would be closed to the public the same as it was on the previous election days.

They will drop off equipment the day before and pick up the day after the Election.

I need to get approval on this so I can get the signed authorizations to the Supervisor of Elections By Aug.13 2021.

Thanks

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:06 am
Sounds great! This was such a big help to residents last time.

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:51 am
Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately during 2019, CLI Clubhouse to be used as a Polling booth was approved without any proper input from the entire board or the residents. It was allowed to be "sneaked" in with only 3 board members present and without being an agenda item if I recall.

However, post the election day in 2020 I received many complaints from the residents that their vendors/lawn men were not able to use the rest room which is normally available during the day.

Secondly there was very low turn out, if I recall there were only 233 residents or 10% of the CLI registered voters who actually took advantage.

Thirdly, I do not believe any other community in urban area shuts down their Clubhouse to offer a polling booth services.

Fourthly, the library is so close to the CLI that residents never complained of any inconvenience driving there. If any resident requires a ride to the Cross Creek Library on the polling day, I will be happy to arrange one for them.

I will support it in future if we receive a request from the Supervisors of Elections.

Sid Shah

Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:25 pm
My vote would be no, however I'm open to have it as an Agenda item for our next CDD Meeting and have further discussion.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:08 pm
Hi everyone,

I wanted to follow up about the polling place since the deadline to confirm with the Supervisor of Elections is just a few days away. I spoke with approx 20 people over the last several days about having the polling place in CLI and the feedback that I got was as follows: some folks voted by mail, some folks voted early at the library, and the folks that did vote at the Beach Club were very happy that it had been available to them. I did not receive any negative feedback from anyone.

I'm hoping that that the other Supervisors will reconsider their stance on this matter. It seems that if we have the option to offer additional conveniences to our residents- we should.

The deadline to respond is August 13th- it would be great to hear from everyone :-)

Thanks!

Sheila

Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:31 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: