This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Question 
Here is my Sunshine State topic for the CDD Supervisors on-line meeting.

Why aren't all staff and contractors conducting official business indoors within Cory Lakes, to include the Clubhouse, Recreation Facilities and Guard Houses required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth (not a cloth covering), regardless of their vaccination status?

As a community we need to do our part to protect not only our residents but also our staff and guests by sending the right message to combat the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its guidance earlier in August 2021 to say fully-vaccinated Americans should mask up again in indoor spaces if they live in areas with “substantial and high” transmission of COVID. According to the CDC’s website, all Florida counties have high transmission with the exception of Glades County, which has just substantial transmission.
The Security Committee was encouraged by the successful community events in the early months of 2021 to get folks vaccinated, but the emergence of the Delta Variant is trying to reset progress to those efforts and shows no sign of decreasing virulence while continuing to set daily Positive Infection and Death Rate within Hillsborough County, Florida and the United States.
Our Security Guards are our front line defense of the community's physical properties yet, daily their examples of not wearing masks during the daily interactions with our residents and guests is a break in that human security armour.
I recommend an immediate guideline to "Stop the Spread and Save a Life".

AJ Forbes Chair, Security Committee

Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:38 pm
Hi!

I will forward your question to Chuck and see if the CDD is able to enforce masking. I am not sure if we are able to.

Thanks!

Sheila

Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:45 am
Thank you AJ for raising a genuine concern among all of us.

Unfortunately, we cannot mandate it just like the vaccines, but we can request Allied to recommend their employees to wear masks and same to CDD staff.

LMP, Solitude and others work outdoors so I think it's a minimal risks.

Sid Shah

Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:04 pm
Thanks for posting the reply, Sid. We are able to suggest that folks mask, but not mandate.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:27 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: