This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Protocol for Thursday Workshop 
Hi,

I have a couple of questions for board members:

1. Tomorrow's workshop is a public meeting and one District Manager asked if they should be present. I told him that we had not invited DM firms to attend and that he could attend the next regularly scheduled board meeting. After thinking it through further, I realized that it may be unfair if some DM firms attend and other don't. Do you think we should specifically a) invite them to attend, b) ask them not to attend, c) not contact them and whoever chooses to attend does so?

2. If DPFG does attend tomorrow, I would recommend that their representatives sit in the audience with other potential DM vendor attendees so that it does not show favoritism for one DM vendor over another. Do you agree?

3. Because tomorrow's meeting is a workshop and we will not be making decisions we do not have to have a public comment period. However, a public comment period will allow our residents to give us input. Also, if we have a public comment period then we must allow any attendee to speak, including the DM vendors. Based on these facts, would you prefer that we have a public comment period and possibly get sales pitches from the vendors or not have a comment period and not get feedback from residents?

Best,
Cyril

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:51 am
I'm only one opinion, but my thoughts are as follows...
1. I think that the residents should be welcome to attend the workshop if they would like to do so. My original thought was that none of the Management companies would be present, but if they are, I don't see how that would hinder our discussion? If we have to allow the Management companies to attend in order to allow the residents to attend, then I say to allow them to be present. If we can limit attendance to residents only that would be my top vote.
2. If we open attendance up to everyone and DPFG chooses to attend the workshop, then I agree that they should simply be seated in the audience with any other Management company that may choose to attend.
3. I think public comments from the residents would be very beneficial and welcome as they always are. If that means that Management companies are also welcome to talk, then so be it. The verbal information that they present may be beneficial as well.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:29 pm
In response to Joyce's comments, it is a public meeting so anyone can attend. In theory, we could ask DM Vendors not to attend, but if they chose to do so anyway they are permitted.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:35 pm
wrote:
> In response to Joyce's comments, it is a public meeting so anyone can
> attend. In theory, we could ask DM Vendors not to attend, but if they chose
> to do so anyway they are permitted.

this is Jorge - I'm of the opinion, if we are not breaking any Sunshine laws that we have a private workshop with Board Members and residents only if they so choose to. If we feel it makes sense based on the proposals to invite DM vendors we can make that decision tomorrow.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:44 pm
Sounds good to me. A workshop with Board Members and Residents only and we can invite Management companies for further discussion later on. See you all tomorrow.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:00 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: