This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
CDD taking responsibility for street lined palms 
Historically, we have had problems at CLI with dying palms along the streets in front of resident's homes. Originally, those trees were managed and replaced by the CDD and then the CDD placed the burden of managing the palms on the individual homeowners.

At board meetings, complaints have been raised about dead and dying trees that are not being taken care of by homeowners and therefore reducing the beauty of the community. In addition concerns have been raised about the spread of disease from these dying trees to other resident owned palms as well as CDD owned palms like the pool trees.

What are the board member's opinions about the CDD taking back responsibility for the street lined palms?

Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:14 am
wrote:
> Historically, we have had problems at CLI with dying palms along the
> streets in front of resident's homes. Originally, those trees were managed
> and replaced by the CDD and then the CDD placed the burden of managing the
> palms on the individual homeowners.
>
> At board meetings, complaints have been raised about dead and dying trees
> that are not being taken care of by homeowners and therefore reducing the
> beauty of the community. In addition concerns have been raised about the
> spread of disease from these dying trees to other resident owned palms as
> well as CDD owned palms like the pool trees.
>
> What are the board member's opinions about the CDD taking back
> responsibility for the street lined palms?
Hi this is my 1st time. I think it is.a wonderful plan to take back this responsibility.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:22 am
Welcome Amal! We are so glad that you took the time to join us and to share your opinions with us! We always love to hear what the residents of Cory Lake feel about our community!

I actually agree with Amal and think that this is something that we should take back into our care. It really does take away from the beauty of our community when we have to see the dead trees lining our streets.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:00 am
OK. I tend to favor that approach too. The result of doing this would be that we would have to address the additional cost in the budget. Overall, it would save some homeowners (with dead and dying trees) money and others (with healthy trees) would spend a little more.

Essentially, it would create a pooling of funds in the budget for the common good that would act as a type of insurance where most residents pay a small amount that will save a large cost for some residents and make the community more beautiful for everyone.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:52 am
wrote:
> Historically, we have had problems at CLI with dying palms along the
> streets in front of resident's homes. Originally, those trees were managed
> and replaced by the CDD and then the CDD placed the burden of managing the
> palms on the individual homeowners.
>
> At board meetings, complaints have been raised about dead and dying trees
> that are not being taken care of by homeowners and therefore reducing the
> beauty of the community. In addition concerns have been raised about the
> spread of disease from these dying trees to other resident owned palms as
> well as CDD owned palms like the pool trees.
>
> What are the board member's opinions about the CDD taking back
> responsibility for the street lined palms?

I'm in favor of maintaining the Palm Trees because some do look terrible, however we know this comes at an expense. I would just hate to have to raise fee's just to make up for those homeowners that are not taking care of their responsibility.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:21 pm
I agree with Jorge about not wanting to increase fees.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:27 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: