This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Gate in front of boat access ramp to the lake 
The security committee has asked the Board to consider placing a gate in front of the boat access ramp to the lake in order to prevent the use of unregistered boats on Cory Lake.

What are the board member's opinions on the boat access ramp proposal?

Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:23 am
There are so many factors that go into play with limiting access to the boat ramp. The only way that I can see it working without resistance from the community is if we put in a gate that can be accessed by a fingerprint scan like what is already currently in place at the gym and pool. There are so many residents that don't have access to the lake without using the ramp and so many hours that come into play when there isn't someone available with a key. I don't think we can affectively limit access by saying that residents can only access the ramp during hours when someone is on staff. People that like to fish go out at 3 or 4am or stay out until 3 or 4am. We can't keep someone with a key available during these times and we can't tell a resident that they can no longer utilize something within their community because the hours don't work for them. There would be serious backlash from this! I suggest that this also be an agenda item for discussion during our CDD/POA workshop on the 24th.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:56 am
I agree Joyce that it would be unrealistic to man the gate 24-7. However, the finger scanner idea could work.

What about the aesthetics of having a big gate on the ramp. Wouldn't that be very ugly? Any ideas on how to avoid that?

Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:54 am
wrote:
> I agree Joyce that it would be unrealistic to man the gate 24-7. However,
> the finger scanner idea could work.
>
> What about the aesthetics of having a big gate on the ramp. Wouldn't that
> be very ugly? Any ideas on how to avoid that?
I agree Cyril the aesthetics would be a concern and to add more gates internally will just be another piece of equipment to maintain and add additional costs, Is this issue having an impact on many residents at this time? Jorge C

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:05 pm
I think we definitely need to discuss this with the POA and lend a listening ear to what their exact concerns are with the lake. What I recall from my discussion with them, the issues at hand were the utilization of the ramp by nonresidents, people brining in boats that are larger than the permitted size and the issues posed to our lake with their bringing in algae from other lakes that could potentially being causing problems in our lake. I don't know that there is anything we can do with boats being cleaned before being launched.... I agree it would be a bit of an eye sore, but do the benefits of having it out way the issues caused by not having it? Personally, I need more information.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: