This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Fence options for Capri Isle 
Last week another fence company presented a proposal to Frank for a wrought iron fence for Capri Isle for slightly under $16,000. This fence would match the other existing fence at the Morris Bridge road guardhouse. This new proposal gives us options regarding what type of fence to install.

At this time we have two motions approving fence work for Capri Isle. The first was for the wrought iron fence not-to-exceed $16,000 and the second was for a chain link fence, like the ones at the tennis courts, with vines to grow over them not-to-exceed $10,000. We made the second motion because no prior proposal had come in under $16,000 for the wrought iron fence. The first motion passed unanimously and the second motion passed by a vote of 3-1.

Since both motions were approved and we did not cancel the first motion when we made the second one, staff can be directed to install either of the fences. Before I direct staff, I would like to know the other supervisors opinions at this point in the juncture about which motion they favor. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Cyril

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:30 am
I am still in favor of the consistent wrought iron fence that is consistent throughout the neighborhood. I'm wondering if we should reference the POA convenences that direct residents of the 3 types of fences permittable to be used when installing a fence. I wouldn't want any back lash coming from the POA if we don't follow the convenences of the neighborhood.

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:55 am
HI
Can u make clearification on wrought iron fence consistence.
It's not clear on that entrance opposite to Caprie isle already has wire fence.
Now u have two different fence.

For me l am in faviour of more economical fence. We can use the extera money on other projects. Like more shaded area for kids play ground. It's more practical and family will appreciate more than fancy fence.

Thanks
Baiju

Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:25 am
To clarify what type of fence we are referring to, currently on both sides of the Morris Bridge Gate guard house there is a wrought iron fence perpendicular to the exit. This fence extends on either side of the guard house to the sidewalk and plantings. The sidewalk door is made of the same fence material.

The chain link fence does not currently exist near Capri Isle. An example of the chain link fence, is the fence used to surround the tennis courts, basketball courts and ice rink.

I hope that helps.

Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:59 am
The fence at Phase 7 should be done as priority number one

Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:20 pm
for an additional $6000 we may be able to get much more done in the community I'm ok with the look of the black chain link, however if 3 of the 5 board members want the wrought iron then me and Baju are outnumbered.

Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:48 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: