This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Noisy Pool Motor 
This week, a resident sent us video of our noisy pool motor while standing beside the motor. She also complained that the motor can be heard from her home on Cachet Isle.

This issue has been brought up in the past. The request is for the CDD to build a wall around the motor to deflect the sound upward.

What are the Supervisors opinions on this issue?

Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:57 am
I would like Frank opinion on the wall building. If he can asses how far the noise heard and how loud the noise is. Do we have complain from other resident or just one family.
It's very unfortunate that previous board decided to put swimming pool at terrible location.
Baiju

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:27 am
I've actually heard this same complaint come from several residents who live in the surrounding area of the pool. My family and I actually visit the pool often. As we have not had a complaint of the loud motor personally, I do know that it is not pretty to look at. I just can't picture that a wall would look any better though.... I do feel that since there are so many complaints received surrounding this issue that it is something that we should look into finding a solution for. At this point, I agree with Bajuh and would like to hear from Frank his thoughts and also hear what has already been discussed with regards to this issue. I'm curious to know why the previous board opted to not enclose the motor back when it was first built?

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:56 am
wrote:
> This week, a resident sent us video of our noisy pool motor while standing
> beside the motor. She also complained that the motor can be heard from her
> home on Cachet Isle.
>
> This issue has been brought up in the past. The request is for the CDD to
> build a wall around the motor to deflect the sound upward.
>
> What are the Supervisors opinions on this issue?

In agreement with all comments, additionally I'd recommend we go back to our Engineer and ask why was initial decision of opting not to enclose Motor equipment. This will be a good Agenda item for next meeting, as a follow up to our last discussion of Sand in the Motor/Filter basket etc.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:09 pm
My recollection of the voting on the previous board was that it was determined that the hedging would cover the pump so it would not be ugly. As far as the noise, a discussion was held regarding having a sound consultant assess if a wall inside the enclosure behind the hedging would help, but I vaguely remember that it was either not done or it was assessed that it would not help.

I'll let Frank weigh in on it.

Without more information I think that we have to know if it will make a difference before we move forward with a wall.

Also, it would be good to hear a video from the residents home vs right next to the motor. Do others agree?

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:13 pm
I've contacted the pump manufacturer and from what I recall, they said that the amount of noise from that size pump (15 HP) is to be expected and is normal.
I also contacted different companies about sound proofing with different types of products and none of them would guarantee that we would achieve good results.
I agree that a sound consultant would provide the Board with the information to make an informed decision.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:40 pm
I definitely agree with both consulting a sound barrier expert and I would like to hear what residents hear across the lake.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:18 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: