This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Boat Ramp/Wash 
At the last board meeting this issue was brought to the board again. In the past discussions, the idea of having a fence on the boat ramp was dismissed because 1) there would be no staff to man the fence, 2) it would be visually unsightly. There was also discussion in the past asking the question, what problem are we solving. The answer to that was two-fold: 1) stop boats that have not been washed, 2) stop boats from non-residents.

Do the Supervisors want to re-explore this issue and if so how will the objections above be overcome?

Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:43 am
I personally don't think we are really going to be able to stop anyone that truly wants access to the lake. They will find their own way around whatever barrier we place if they really want it. And these barriers can be quite costly and will put restrictions on the residents who are currently using the lake properly. If the issue is really an issue of ensuring that boats are cleaned before enter the lake. What about looking into installing a wash station at the ramp where boats are able to wash right there before or after use of the lake?

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:47 am
I like Joyce's idea. It reminds me of bike washes at parks.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:13 pm
Yes washing station is the way to go. Question is location for maximium benifit. Can not be close to lake other wise defit the perpose. I think entrance where actually gards can see the boat come in and watch tham wash...
Concern is people bringing boat from out side and contaminating the lake.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:32 pm
What about in the field adjacent to the boat ramp where they are parking on the weekends anyway? Is there a water source over there that we could utilize? Otherwise, this would be a huge expense.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:38 pm
Joyce Hepscher wrote:
> What about in the field adjacent to the boat ramp where they are parking on
> the weekends anyway? Is there a water source over there that we could
> utilize? Otherwise, this would be a huge expense.

I like the idea of adding a water station, I guess it depends on the expense to feed water from Gym area I guess is the closest?

Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:02 pm
When we get our new facilities manager we can ask them for input

Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: