This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Parties at Pool 
At the last board meeting we tabled this topic so that it can be discussed on the Sunshine Board.

The discussion revolved around putting limits on parties at the pool. The concern that was raised was that on some occasions residents will throw parties with close to 100 people that effectively shut down the pool for everyone else.

In the past when this item was discussed by previous boards, the decision to not put limits was put in place for several reasons including 1) we wanted residents to enjoy the pool to the fullest, including parties, 2) it would be very hard to enforce a rule limiting the number of non-resident guests because identification of residents and non-residents would be onerous.

I think that the intent of the board was well meaning, however in the face of complete disregard, by a subset of residents, of the enjoyment of the pool by others, some action should probably be taken.

In my opinion, the rules that we make should be flexible enough to allow residents to have parties and have fun but at the same time prevent abuse of that privilege.

In that vein, I propose that we create a rule along the following lines:
Residents are allowed to have pool parties with non-resident guests as long as they are not disruptive to others in the pool and they do not utilize a portion of the facility that is so large as to limit the capability of other pool attendees from utilizing the pool amenities. It will be at the attendants discretion to inform a resident hosting a party that they have exceeded the acceptable amount of space and that they need to limit their party.

What do other members think about this suggested rule?

Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:21 pm
wrote:
> At the last board meeting we tabled this topic so that it can be discussed
> on the Sunshine Board.
>
> The discussion revolved around putting limits on parties at the pool. The
> concern that was raised was that on some occasions residents will throw
> parties with close to 100 people that effectively shut down the pool for
> everyone else.
>
> In the past when this item was discussed by previous boards, the decision
> to not put limits was put in place for several reasons including 1) we
> wanted residents to enjoy the pool to the fullest, including parties, 2) it
> would be very hard to enforce a rule limiting the number of non-resident
> guests because identification of residents and non-residents would be
> onerous.
>
> I think that the intent of the board was well meaning, however in the face
> of complete disregard, by a subset of residents, of the enjoyment of the
> pool by others, some action should probably be taken.
>
> In my opinion, the rules that we make should be flexible enough to allow
> residents to have parties and have fun but at the same time prevent abuse
> of that privilege.
>
> In that vein, I propose that we create a rule along the following lines:
> Residents are allowed to have pool parties with non-resident guests as long
> as they are not disruptive to others in the pool and they do not utilize a
> portion of the facility that is so large as to limit the capability of
> other pool attendees from utilizing the pool amenities. It will be at the
> attendants discretion to inform a resident hosting a party that they have
> exceeded the acceptable amount of space and that they need to limit their
> party.
>
> What do other members think about this suggested rule?

Sorry I can't post my own, I guess I don't have the functionality enabled. I believe your suggestion is great but leaves room for too much gray area, i'd say we should have a max # of guests that live outside the community perhaps limit it to 30-40 guests outside community if there's a # beyond that I believe they need to take the party elsewhere. Thoughts?

Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:48 pm
Hi George, I will talk with Carrie again to make sure your credentials are set properly.

In regards to your suggestion, I wonder how will we enforce the policy of only 30-40 guests? Who will count and how can it be verified?

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:24 pm
I agree with Jorge that there is too much grey area and we just don't have the staff in place to fully enforce such a rule. There are many details that would need to be worked out to make this possible.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:56 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: