This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Holiday Lights 
Board Members,

You may be as disappointed as I am with the quality of our Holiday Lights for $16,000. I found out this morning that some of the timers aren't working right and the vendor is coming out today to fix things. One example that I was given is that 6 trees should be lit at the Cross Creek entrance but only 1 is working.

Of course, I'm still disappointed that the vendor didn't check their work but hopefully the lights will look good by tomorrow's sunshine board meeting.

If not, we can talk about actions to take so that we can course correct.

Cyril

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:08 am
I'm also very disappointed with the lights again this year!:(

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:15 am
Holiday lights are very inferior compared to our neighbor communities, I believe this was the biggest waste of money. Cyril can you please confirm how much we paid them?
I’m in full agreement we start buying as much decorations as we can immediately after the holidays, I’d say $10K will get us 2-3 times what we have out there this year and they’ll be ours for years to come and in the long haul we will save lots of money and the decorations will look much better than the skimpy stuff out there. Even if we had to pay storage which I don’t anticipate we will need to considering we are purchasing a Storage building. The goal is long term savings and more of a wow factor and today we are not getting either.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:21 am
To answer Jorge's question, we paid $16,000 for the lights! Hard to imagine that this is the most $16,000 can buy. I spoke with Chuck about it and he confirmed that the amount which we are paying is in line with other communities. I have the impression that theirs look better because they own their lights, just like Jorge said.

I have made a comment in the topic about Capital regarding Holiday Lights since the money will come out of the Capital budget.

Also, one positive note is that the Cross Creek entrance looked better last night than the night before because they fixed the timer so about 6 additional trees were lit up.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:29 am
Based on this conversation, I've asked staff to get a holiday lights projector for the cross creek entrance that will shine a sparkling array of colors on the tower and adjoining walls. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-Outd ... 2044098334 They are only about $50.

I hope that no one objects.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:47 am
I think directly at the entrance and at the guard gates look beautiful this year! However, it's the LONG space in-between the entrance and then the rest of the way down the drive that look so incredibly bare! I'd love to see the beauty consistent through the entire entrance. I think projection will be wonderful, but am concerned that it won't help in the bare area as there is nothing to project it against..... I can't wait for the beginning purchase of our own decorations to begin to help with this problem in the coming years!

Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:15 pm
wrote:
> Board Members,
>
> You may be as disappointed as I am with the quality of our Holiday Lights
> for $16,000. I found out this morning that some of the timers aren't
> working right and the vendor is coming out today to fix things. One
> example that I was given is that 6 trees should be lit at the Cross Creek
> entrance but only 1 is working.
>
> Of course, I'm still disappointed that the vendor didn't check their work
> but hopefully the lights will look good by tomorrow's sunshine board
> meeting.
>
> If not, we can talk about actions to take so that we can course correct.
>
> Cyril

This is AJ:
We need to start to improve our electrical grid before next Christmas. The sooner the electrical contractor that is schedule to brief the board in December can start rewiring the community, the better.

The LAF can be given the task to start researching commercially/residential grade outdoor decorations.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:48 pm
I don't object to this Cyril go for it.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:58 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: