This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Twitter Account 
I think this issue was brought up by AJ in regards to a form of emergency broadcast system. Thoughts?

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:21 pm
I don't have a twitter account so I would not be interested in this option.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:17 am
I thought AJ was going to speak to Rory to coordinate, additionally Bob Woodard was going to help with interaction with POA? This is what I recollect.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:18 am
I'm also unfamiliar with the use of twitter. Whenever I read about it in the paper its because someone mouthed off in less than 128 words and got in trouble. It's not my cup of tea.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:20 am
wrote:
> I'm also unfamiliar with the use of twitter. Whenever I read about it in
> the paper its because someone mouthed off in less than 128 words and got in
> trouble. It's not my cup of tea.

This is AJ.

The Security Committee has given this idea some serious discussions. The need to have immediate communication between CLI citizens and our law enforcement and fire departments (1st Responders) is the driving force behind this idea.

How will it work? Members of the Security Committee will monitor communication on our 1st Responders' twitter pages. When an event warrant notification to our residents, i.e. a major accident on Morris Bridge Rd/Cross Creek Blvd or an active police activity within CLI or in any of our surrounding communities, a message will be sent out to all residents who sign up to be alerted via our twitter account.
This alert message will also flash "ALERT" on our 3 new projected Electronic Message Boards; one upon entering through either gate and a third at the Beach Club.

No more Guessing why or what emergency situations are going on around us.

The Security Committee already has an assigned Twitter account that is free and set up by the previous Security Committee team.

Please keep in mind that I also am not presently familiar with the ins-and-outs of Twitter but, I am willing to go out my comfort zone to ensure my family is kept inform of any possible emergent situations that affects our neighborhood.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:07 pm
AJ, if I follow the twitter account, do I have to have twitter turned on at all times in my smart phone to know if I've received an alert?

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:56 pm
wrote:
> AJ, if I follow the twitter account, do I have to have twitter turned on at
> all times in my smart phone to know if I've received an alert?

This is AJ:
If you have a Twitter account and it is not turned on, an email will be sent to the email in your profile alerting you that you have a Tweet. To view the Tweet (Alert) you will then turn on your Twitter account.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:39 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: