This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Joyce's Letter - Direction of CLI 
this is my input

1. Beach sand tool - After a long ongoing contact effort with the man selling the piece of equipment for the beach sand, it has been confirmed that Rich will pick up the piece of equipment between December 18th and January 1st. YAY! Thanks Carrie for your persistence with this man!

Joyce – thank you for stepping up and offering to purchase this well needed piece of equipment.

2. Christmas Lights –

Joyce – I couldn’t agree with you more on your comments, I am embarrassed to tell my neighbors that I had a vote in this horrendous company we hired this year. I am a very easy going guy but nothing angers me more than when people blatantly just take advantage of me and this is how I feel, we were taken for a ride and we should demand a partial refund from this company they are a joke.
I’m in favor of approving $10,000 towards the decorations and absolutely I would like to be part of the decoration committee when the time comes we will not be embarrassed and taken for a ride again.

3. Capital Projects Money –

I’m in agreement with maintaining what we have to utmost quality and repainting and resurfacing, changing nets, power wash etc. I’m not sure if this is right timing to consider hiring a 2nd person considering John is still trying to figure out the job responsibilities and become more comfortable with the day to day, the million $ question is can we afford a 2nd person to come in and help John, or has he expressed concerns that he can’t keep up with workload?

4. Maintenance issues – In reviewing the slideshow that was sent to us, I see picture after picture of trash piled up in the storm drains and on the roads. As I watched the boat parade Saturday night standing along the lakeside, I saw so much disgusting trash floating in the lake that it horrified me. The trash that we see in the storm drains in the pictures eventually flows down those drains into our lakes, whose job is it to remove that trash before it goes down? According to the reports I’ve heard, the same trash has been piled up for more than a week. That is so unacceptable to me. Also, seeing all of the mildew and mold on the fountains, buildings, sidewalks and playgrounds is disgusting to me! I power wash my house at least every 6 months if not more if needed and I expect the CDD of Cory Lake to be accountable to the same standards that I maintain at my home. These are things that should be kept up at least every 6 months. I recommend hiring a 2nd person to assist John with these issues and purchasing our own power washer and water tank for that person to use to maintain these things for us.

Purchasing our own tank and power washer will save us money, in fact I noticed oil streaks in many streets which I understand came from the garbage trucks. Has this issue been addressed with Trash company and will they be held liable to reimburse for cleanup?

5. LAF Committee request – As the Liaison for the LAF Committee I’ve been asked to present to the board the idea of when LMP submits their weekly reports with what plants have been removed from the neighborhood to have the board authorize to have the plants immediately replaced. An example to go with this is along the cross creek entrance. At the base of the palm trees there are circular beds with approximately 6 to 8 plants in them. From time to time those plants have died and have been removed 1 by 1 leaving holes around the trees. LAF is asking that we authorize LMP to immediately replace those types of plants as they are removed. Or authorize John to advise LMP to go ahead and replace those types of plants as they are removed. I am in agreeance with this request and agree that it would help maintain the aesthetics of our community and would decrease the amount of requests received from LAF if this just occurred on its own as it happens. Also, Can we also share the LMP reports with LAF monthly for their review?

Joyce – without further information and $ figures I’m not an agreement with this process because as it is today we are spending way too much money on landscaping in this community and removing and replacing is not free, my understanding is it comes at an extra cost which we just shouldn’t be hit with so frequently. My thought process is although there are unforeseen circumstances to replace certain trees. We should be receiving an all in contract that won’t require $100’s of thousands more above and beyond the contracted minimum we pay LMP. I’m sure there are many other landscaping companies that will line up out the door to secure our business and accommodate our needs.

Thank you for taking the time to review my concerns and opinions. Happy Holidays to all!
Joyce

Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:54 pm
I will do my best to share my point of view on each issue as well:
1. I agree that we should set aside $10k for lights and that we should have a special committee in the fall to plan the lights.
2. We should have the current operations maintenance schedule reviewed by John and compared to the requests from LAF so John can report to us his opinion on how that schedule may need to be changed and what it would cost in additional funds if any.
3. I concur with Jorge and do not think hiring a second facilities manager is the right thing to do at this time. First we need to better understand what is required. I also am not in favor of hiring a 2nd person because the money is in the budgeted line item, which is an argument that I've been presented in the past.
4. I'd like to hear staff's opinion regarding purchasing a power washer.
5. Similar tk what Jorge said, LAF should always consider that their request will be balanced against the budget. If they have a request they need to present the cost from the budgeted line item and the impact it will have on the budgeted item for the remainder of the year.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 pm
Thank you both for your responses! That information was sent as I was going to be absent and just wanted to opinions heard if voting was going to occur while I was absent.

I also sent a separate request asking that we as a board consider a holiday bonus for Carrie again this year as we did last year. I'm not sure if this request was passed on to the other board members or not. I know it's after the fact now, but would still like us to consider giving Carrie a $500 bonus like we did last year. Of course we will need to vote on this at the January meeting, but wanted to make sure that the idea was thought through by everyone before arrival at the meeting.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:15 pm
Im in agreement with the bonus. Thank you Carrie for your hard work.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:39 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: