This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1, 2
CLI Monument on CLI Property 
I just want to report that Chuck and Vivek have exhausted the potential avenues of saving the Cory Lake Isles Monument when entering the community from Cross Creek Blvd. It appears that Gene never assigned that monument to an easement nor recorded that it was being built with CDD public funds. As a result, the county documentation shows that the monument is owned by M/I and they have the right to demolish it. It's sad that Gene planned so poorly for the communities future, but it is the lot we have been dealt.

It may be helpful to send an email to the community informing them that we had no legal recourse to prevent the demolition of the monument. What do other supervisors think about this?

Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:45 pm
Can you expand on what Monument you are referring to? This is the first I'm hearing of this and don't know what that is.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:51 pm
This is the monument and trees that you see at the T intersection of Cory Lake Drive and Cory Lake Blvd coming from the Cross Creek Entrance. M/I homes will be building a new house there.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:59 pm
Oh that's a real shame that that is having to be removed! Is there an option to move it over to a different area?

Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:20 pm
I had asked Chuck and he said we could rebuild it but not move it.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:29 pm
I definitely believe that the neighborhood should be made away of why and when this will occur!

Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:26 pm
This is also 1st I’m hearing of this and it’s a complete shame that Gene did not plan this better, that huge Palm tree looks very welcoming there, do we know for sure that both the Monument and Tree will be demolished? If so community should be made aware and perhaps choose a new spot for that big Palm Tree

Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:24 am
Is it possible to ask the new home owner if they would like the structure to remain on their property? If they like, why not allow it to stay?

Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:44 am
I asked Chuck about the Palm tree too and he clarified that it is owned by the property owner. They can do what they want with it. As far as contacting the owner, currently the POA is in touch with MI homes. We probably would need to approach them first. I can't recall. Who is our liason for them now?

Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:54 pm
Jeorge has been the acting POA Liaison since September I believe.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1, 2

Search for: