This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Tennis Shade Option 
Tanya was supposed to provide us with proposals for the tennis shade option for this sunshine board meeting. I will contact Carrie to find out the status.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:26 am
John reports that Tanya said she is still researching this and he will stress to her that we need the proposal by Thursday for this meeting.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:49 am
Shade proposals and picture attached. Tonya's comments are below for review:

I've attached a proposal from Welch Tennis. I've also attached some information that we've gathered on other options. The number of poles and dimensions of the structure are different, and I understand that you can't have a structure with more than 2 poles and wider than proposed by Welch for proper tennis play. We have, at least, concluded that the pricing for these structures are comparable, so I recommend that the Board consider the Welch proposal, if they are ok with spending these funds. It also looks like we're going to have some funds remaining in the account after installing the underdrain and the shade structure proposed by Welch, based on a conversation that I just had with the site contractor. Thanks.

Attachments:
DSC01308[2].jpg
DSC01308[2].jpg [ 70.96 KiB | Viewed 15778 times ]
CoryLakesCanopyRH[2].pdf [1.09 MiB]
Downloaded 1640 times
1626_001[1].pdf [107.4 KiB]
Downloaded 1137 times
Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:37 am
It appears to me that other proposals are about $2,500 less. That money could be used for other useful purposes if the structures are equivalent. Also, the color should match what we currently have.

Do other Supervisors also want to see complete proposals from the other vendors so that we can compare prices with an apples-to-apples product comparison?

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:45 am
I agree that I'd like to see all of the information before making a decision.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:48 am
I agree lets see other proposals unless you think we should not.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:51 am
Hi would like to see one more preposal.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:03 pm
I'll ask Chuck to put it on the Agenda for our next meeting so we can review additional proposals.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:18 pm
I just want to give my honest opinion of the tennis court sunshade issue.

Welch tennis constructed the court. Thus they would be the company holding any sort of warranty on the court.

If you bring in an another company to install a shade that will require drilling drilling through the surface to set posts, we take the chance that
1) the surface paint can get damaged by the company not taking due precautions.
2) the same finger pointing circle if an issue arises with either the court surface or shade structure.

I recommend letting the company that built the court install the structure so we have an all inclusive warranty to all things court related and reduce the risk of having the same run around with warranty issues as we are having with the pool.

Just my honest opinion.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:06 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: