This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Readdressing Pool Party 
Currently our pool party policy is:
"Residents are allowed to have pool parties with non-resident guests as long as they are not disruptive to others in the pool and they do not utilize a portion of the facility that is so large as to limit the capability of other pool attendees from utilizing the pool amenities. It will be at the attendants discretion to inform a resident hosting a party that they have exceeded the acceptable amount of space and that they need to limit their party."

At the last board meeting some residents expressed concern that this would not limit the number of attendees sufficiently and leave to much responsibility on the attendants. These were the same concerns that we raised in previous discussions, but we struggled to find a solution that was flexible enough to allow residents to enjoy their parties, but rigid enough to not require interpretation and something that is enforceable without asking for proof of residency or invitation from attendees.

Where should we go from here on this issue?

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:32 am
Here is an email that was sent to us by a resident and POA member, Bob Abajian.
"suggest to have a sign-up list like the rental of the club house. only way to handle it. not right for a large group of people taking over the pool and now you need to say to many people, you are making a mess, no music, or if your person thinks to many people then the fun begins.

sign up and have the homeowner sign they are required to do everything like they would be if using the clubhouse. give time frame to use the pool and rules. always remember the pool is for all of us. if only 142 people at one time can use it, and two people have a party there will be a major problem. small numbers. ie 10-20 total."

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:34 am
I have also attached extensive policies from another community that was kindly provided to us by Chuck, our District Manager.

Attachments:
ARCDD Rates and Fees Schedule FINAL 080614.pdf [72.85 KiB]
Downloaded 657 times
District_Policies_adopted 6_4_14-FINALv3.pdf [174.01 KiB]
Downloaded 698 times
Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:37 am
I completely agree that we need a sign up/reservation policy with a maximum number of attendees!

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:54 am
I had suggested this from the start, we charge a $100 refundable deposit as long as the party owner abides by all rules put in place i.e. Max number 30 guests including kids and parents. This is simple and I know Meadow Pointe uses a similar system which I believe is pretty effective

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:14 am
Would we allow only 1 party per day? Or, use time slots?

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:21 am
I agree with the reservation fee, but would be a fee we keep Jorge or simply a refundable deposit upon leaving the pool area as found? I think time slots would be best. Meadow Point does have a similar system which works effectively, however their party size allotment is much higher than 30. We hosted there one time and I believe that it was 60, but that was several years ago and my number might be off. I could call and inquire if you'd like me to?

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:46 am
Hi agree with Jorge. 30 max guest with 100$ refundable deposite is reasonable.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:06 pm
Joyce, it would be great if you could get that info from meadow pointe. Importantly we should compare the square footage of the pool itself and the surrounding area to our pool so that we can use similar ratios for the number of guests.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:17 pm
I will call Meadow Point tomorrow to inquire as to these details. I don't have the availability to do so before 5 today.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:52 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: