This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1, 2
Volley Ball Court 
We are pending volley ball court proposals with and without lighting. John to upload those proposals.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:02 am
The Welch Tennis proposal was as follows:
Courts= $16,870
Lights= $14,770
for a total of $31,640

Down Under Construction gave a total bid of $62,000
their last bid without lighting was at $30,000

Still waiting on the last bid from the cheapest guy the last time and he hasn't been able to submit..

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:30 am
I would like to see the 3rd proposal, but my initial thought at this point is that we should create a volleyball court using Welch with lights to offer a uniformed consistent look with what is already in existence there, i.e. tennis courts and basketball court.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:21 pm
I still haven't got the complete proposal from A&A construction but he emailed me this morning and said his electrician gave him a price of $31,800 just for the electrical.

Considering I gave all others the same product specs as Welch was using i would have thought the prices would be similar but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The only factor to consider is the other two were going to run the electric as well where Welch would require an outside vendor for electric hook up.
Electric for the tennis courts was $6500 so even adding that in Welch would be considerably less.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:54 am
At this time, we have approximately $25,000 left in the capital budget until October 31st of this year. Which means we could build the court without lights this year and add lights next year or wait to build it all next year or go over budget and dig into Reserves. Note that if we put the volleyball court in without lights this year we are basically out of money in the capital budget.

John, is there any construction issue with putting in a volleyball court without lights and then adding lights later?

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:59 am
I think that's a good suggestion if it's possible....

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:51 am
Cyril unless we have any other items for which we need the $25K I'd be in favor of digging into the reserves for the remainder and get it done thru Welch the lowest bidder. Based on my figures sounds like we may need about $12K from reserves for complete project?

Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:38 pm
I'm in agreement with Jorge as well!

Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:03 am
Note, Jorge you said, "unless we have other projects," and there are several other known projects and any unknown projects between now and November. Some projects include: maintaining trees in front of homes, cleaning sidewalks in front of homes, coating to protect pavers on streets, purchasing the MI lot with the monument, fountains... that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Several of those projects will require more capital funds than we have today. If we start to empty the reserves, we will need to replenish them, which means increases in the CDD annual fee. Since, we can not increase the fee above $1,925 for Capri Isles, that would mean a Special Assessment, unless we charge all the other homes more than Capri Isle.

So, we have to be cautious about spending reserves on non-essential items, ie. wants not needs.

Does this information change your point of view on the lights for the volleyball courts?

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:36 am
Welch Tennis said that the volleyball courts could be done in phases. We could build the courts and then add in the lighting when finances allow it.
Waiting on the lighting would give us an idea of the amount of usage and necessity of lighting.
If there is a lot of usage then we could justify the addition of lighting, if the usage is limited, then it may not even be needed except as an added convenience.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:56 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1, 2

Search for: