This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Palm Trees on Easements 
At the joint CDD/POA meeting the POA requested that the CDD take responsibility for replacement and maintenance of the palm trees on the easement in front of homes. The idea is that the residents are pooling their resources to maintain an aesthetically pleasing streetscape.

This suggestion was also made in the 2017 CDD Budget Survey - Part 1, and will be included in the subsequent survey parts.

How do the Supervisors feel about this request?

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:50 am
This Palm tree issue has been ongoing and won’t stop until we do something, however this is an expense that should be shared between POA and CDD not sole responsibility of CDD, unless we can negotiate this into our contract with LMP.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:18 am
One of the main reasons for the CDD taking over the tree maintenance is because the CDD can add that to the LMP responsibilities while the POA does not have this kind of vendor.

In regards to the POA contributing to the cost, their budget is only about $150k per year and they get that money from the same source that the CDD does, ie. residents. So, the money would be an added expense to the residents in either case.

Because our current operational budget is lean, I don't think we can take on this LMP expense within our current budget. Adding the tree maintenance will require an increase in our operational budget.

Also, note that the Budget Survey currently includes this item. So, we will get feedback from residents.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:26 am
This has been an ongoing issue that is not going to resolve itself and I strongly feel that we need to take action already! I am in complete agreement to honor the request of the POA and for the CDD to take over full responsibility of the palm trees. We do have LMP that already works for us and could easily take over the upcoming of these trees as they work on the trees already in our community that they are currently responsible for. I know that it is going to come down to funds, but I feel that it is our responsibility to our community to go ahead and take over this maintenance however we need to do so. I also feel that no matter what the survey results show, this is something that we need to do for our community!

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:51 pm
Let's get an assessment from LMP of what this will cost. John, can you help with this?

Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:24 pm
I will get with LMP to obtain a cost for doing the trees along the right of way. Please be careful with the term "easement". I already get questions about trees that Gene had put in that are in a "utility easement". Those however are part of the homeowner property but can cause confusion.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:31 pm
We need to do it, I recommended it two year ago.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:39 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: