This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Cleaning sidewalks in front of homes 
At the joint CDD POA meeting, the POA requested that the CDD take responsibility for cleaning the sidewalks in front of homes as well as the sidewalks in common areas. Currently, the CDD is responsible for repairs of sidewalks in front of homes.

This request is also in the 2017 Budget Survey process.

How do the Supervisors feel about this?

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:52 am
I’m of the opinion the sidewalks should be cleaned by homeowners when they power wash their driveways, that is a very minimal to, no extra cost when you power wash your home, roof or driveway. However we should clean the street gutters.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:19 am
I partially agree with Jorge on this but if the CDD picks this up, yes it is an added expense, but it would get rid of the checkerboard effect we now have with no consistency to when the walks are being cleaned. Plus since mildew on the surface of your neighbors walk will be transferred to your newly cleaned walk by rain and foot traffic, a general cleaning once a year would help prolong the cleanliness of the walks.
Just something to keep in mind.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:12 am
To offer a little more insight into the discussion held at the joint meeting leading to this request....The POA is requesting the CDD take over the cleaning of the sidewalks in front of each residential home for a couple of reasons. 1. The POA is unable to require the individual home owners to clean this area of their home as this is common area. They can require them to power wash their home and the driveway as that is their individual property, but they can't enforce the cleaning of the sidewalks as it is not their property. 2. They are requesting the CDD take over this responsibility as we are already cleaning all of the other sidewalks in the neighborhood and could easily provide the service to the entire neighborhood for consistency to offer a uniformed clean look throughout. 3. The CDD is responsible for repairing the sidewalks, so why not also be responsible for the cleanliness of such sidewalks.

Now that you have the detailed insight, I am of the opinion that I would like to see consistency and cleanliness throughout our entire neighborhood. We are already maintaining the sidewalks and are cleaning the common areas anyway. Ideally in a perfect world each individual homeowner would take pride in their home and keep the sidewalks clean themselves, but since that isn't happening and is a big problem for the POA, I would like to see the CDD honor this request of the POA and take over the cleaning of the sidewalks though out all of Cory Lake Isles.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:38 pm
John, was this the $50,000 item? If so, does that include common sidewalks or just private sidewalks?

Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:30 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: