This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Opinions on CLI Submission 
Supervisors, I have just found out from the Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections today that I can submit the following article publicly. Please let me know if you are ok with it or object to my submitting the article below for the June CLI Newsletter which I have to submit by tomorrow.

Thanks,
Cyril

Article Title: A CLI Resident is Running for City Council!

Hi, I'm Cyril Spiro, the Chair of the CLI CDD. However, I haven't submitted this article as your CDD Chair but instead it is a public submission by a neighborhood resident.

You may have heard that I have officially filed to run for Tampa City Council to represent the Northern part of the city, called District 7, in which we live.

Over the last five years as a CLI CDD Supervisor, I endeavored to get continuous input from as many residents as possible so that we could spend our money wisely and improve the community amenities that residents wanted most. As the longest sitting member of our CDD, I have seen an incredible transformation take place in our community. Many years ago, it was a place where residents felt that they had no say on how our $1.8M annual budget was spent. Today, we live in a place where our budget is planned via direct input from resident surveys with an unprecedented response rate of 20% of all households. Planning budgets like this is a depth of citizen involvement in Democracy that has never been demonstrated before.

Having seen what we accomplished in CLI, I decided that it was time to run for city council and bring that same type of Responsive Government to Tampa. In addition to Responsive Government, I have advocated for Civil Liberties and Fiscal Responsibility in our community government and you can learn more about my platform principles at www.Cyril Spiro.com.

It has been an honor to serve you over the last half-decade and I would be further honored to represent you in city council. I started in CLI with the moto "What Do Residents Want?" and have used that as my compass for governing. I have stayed true to that direction and will continue to do so in our larger district.

In conclusion, I am asking for your vote in the upcoming election for city council. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Cyril

www.CyrilSpiro.com

Thu May 05, 2016 7:02 pm
I have no objections to your running this article in the newsletter. Good luck!

Thu May 05, 2016 7:21 pm
i have no issues with this Cyril - Best of Luck

Fri May 06, 2016 9:24 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: