This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Adopted Budget for Fiscal Year 2017 
In reference to the Adopted Budget for Fiscal Year 2017 that was updated on May 12, 2016 and was distributed at the last CDD Board Meeting I’ve noticed that the following suggested changes suggested by the LAF Committee are not reflected in this update. I’m requesting that the following changes be added prior to the discussion to be held at the July 2016 meeting.

They are as follows:
Page 2 – Seasonal Decorations – proposed budget of $13,000 is short $14,000. We had requested $27,000 which would cover the costs of this year’s decorating as well as build additional funds that will increase the purchasing ability of new decorations in the subsequent years to come. This was verbally approved by the board previously, yet isn’t reflected here.

Page 3 – Annuals and seasonal plant installation – proposed budget $9,000. We request that this be increased to $15,000 to include the additional planted areas added to the community.

Page 3 – Well maintenance and irrigation – proposed budget $6,000. We request this be increased to $9,000 as we currently have 4 wells. The normal annual maintenance for these wells is $6,000 this doesn’t leave any room for repairs that are needed and we have been told that there is one that needs to be cleaned now. The additional $3,000 would allow for additional funds if they are needed.

Page 3 – Cleaning – proposed budget is $14,000. This amount went down from last years $15,000 and we are requesting an additional $10,000 to include the cleaning of the pool bathrooms. This is an area that is in desperate need of professional cleaning, not just cleaning by the minimum wage staff who don’t pay it the attention that it truly needs. And we are unable to swap the cleaning of the café for the pool area, so we are requesting an increase in funds to add additional services.

Page 3 – Street sweeping – we are requesting that this line item be changes to “street/sidewalk/gutter cleaning” – proposed budget is $1,500. We are requesting this be increase to reflect the quotes which were received to complete cleaning of the entire neighborhood. We already approved the up to $60,000 for the gutters and sidewalks to be cleaned and then would also need to add in the additional costs for the streets to be cleaned and resanded.

Page 3 – Paver, streets and sidewalk repairs – proposed budget $45,000. We are requesting to increase this line item to $90,000. This year alone we have already approved $90,000 worth of street repairs and that was only to one portion of our neighborhood. John has reported that there is still a list of areas that need to be repaired and the additional funds would cover those areas as well as any others as they continue to arise.

Page 3 – Pool Janitorial Services – proposed budget is 0. Maybe this would be a better place for the already requested additional $10,000 in increase the cleaning budget. The other idea would be to place that $10,000 here instead of under cleaning, yet ensure that we increase the cleaning area to cover the pool area!

Not listed in proposed budget yet requested under Capital Improvements – Cross Creek Entrance landscape makeover – request $45,000. This money would be to further enhance the landscape on the right hand side of the road.

Additional Basketball court lightning – request $8,000. Currently only half of the courts are light which makes playing at night difficult. And we all know that this is a popular activity for our teenage population.

Soccer Goals – request $5,000. To be placed in soccer field.

Thank you for taking the time to consider adding these requests to the upcoming budget discussion. I won’t be at the July meeting and feel that these are important items that need to be included.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:23 am
I have posted my thoughts inline below:

> They are as follows:
> Page 2 – Seasonal Decorations – proposed budget of $13,000 is short
> $14,000. We had requested $27,000 which would cover the costs of this
> year’s decorating as well as build additional funds that will increase the
> purchasing ability of new decorations in the subsequent years to come.
> This was verbally approved by the board previously, yet isn’t reflected
> here.

-- We have already included $10,000 from this year's budget for this purpose in addition to the $13,000 budgeted for next year

>
> Page 3 – Annuals and seasonal plant installation – proposed budget $9,000.
> We request that this be increased to $15,000 to include the additional
> planted areas added to the community.
>
> Page 3 – Well maintenance and irrigation – proposed budget $6,000. We
> request this be increased to $9,000 as we currently have 4 wells. The
> normal annual maintenance for these wells is $6,000 this doesn’t leave any
> room for repairs that are needed and we have been told that there is one
> that needs to be cleaned now. The additional $3,000 would allow for
> additional funds if they are needed.
>

--- When the facilities manager was asked about this budgeted line item, we were told it was sufficient. I do not recall if that was when Frank was with us or if it was John who said it.

> Page 3 – Cleaning – proposed budget is $14,000. This amount went down from
> last years $15,000 and we are requesting an additional $10,000 to include
> the cleaning of the pool bathrooms. This is an area that is in desperate
> need of professional cleaning, not just cleaning by the minimum wage staff
> who don’t pay it the attention that it truly needs. And we are unable to
> swap the cleaning of the café for the pool area, so we are requesting an
> increase in funds to add additional services.
>

-- Since the cleaning people will not be cleaning the kitchen any longer, they will be cleaning the pool bath instead without an increase in the budget.

> Page 3 – Street sweeping – we are requesting that this line item be changes
> to “street/sidewalk/gutter cleaning” – proposed budget is $1,500. We are
> requesting this be increase to reflect the quotes which were received to
> complete cleaning of the entire neighborhood. We already approved the up
> to $60,000 for the gutters and sidewalks to be cleaned and then would also
> need to add in the additional costs for the streets to be cleaned and
> resanded.
>

-- This is part of the current part 3 of the budget survey and is slated for discussion at the next board meeting.

> Page 3 – Paver, streets and sidewalk repairs – proposed budget $45,000. We
> are requesting to increase this line item to $90,000. This year alone we
> have already approved $90,000 worth of street repairs and that was only to
> one portion of our neighborhood. John has reported that there is still a
> list of areas that need to be repaired and the additional funds would cover
> those areas as well as any others as they continue to arise.
>

-- Additional street repairs is already apportioned in reserves. Replenishment of the reserves is also in the budget survey.

> Page 3 – Pool Janitorial Services – proposed budget is 0. Maybe this would
> be a better place for the already requested additional $10,000 in increase
> the cleaning budget. The other idea would be to place that $10,000 here
> instead of under cleaning, yet ensure that we increase the cleaning area to
> cover the pool area!
>

-- yes, same as above.

> Not listed in proposed budget yet requested under Capital Improvements –
> Cross Creek Entrance landscape makeover – request $45,000. This money
> would be to further enhance the landscape on the right hand side of the
> road.
>

--- This item did not receive majority approval in the 2nd part of the budget survey

> Additional Basketball court lightning – request $8,000. Currently only
> half of the courts are light which makes playing at night difficult. And
> we all know that this is a popular activity for our teenage population.
>

--- This is the first time I recall seeing this request.

> Soccer Goals – request $5,000. To be placed in soccer field.
>

-- already included in the soccer field line item

> Thank you for taking the time to consider adding these requests to the
> upcoming budget discussion. I won’t be at the July meeting and feel that
> these are important items that need to be included.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:13 pm
I have posted my thoughts inline below: And I have posted my response beneath your response.

> They are as follows:
> Page 2 – Seasonal Decorations – proposed budget of $13,000 is short
> $14,000. We had requested $27,000 which would cover the costs of this
> year’s decorating as well as build additional funds that will increase the
> purchasing ability of new decorations in the subsequent years to come.
> This was verbally approved by the board previously, yet isn’t reflected
> here.

-- We have already included $10,000 from this year's budget for this purpose in addition to the $13,000 budgeted for next year
-- When this was originally presented to the board, the discussion was that they would be given $10,000 this year plus the $13,000 as well as an additional $5,000 each subsequent year to purchase additional items as well as to replace any damaged items. This would keep our stock up, in nice condition, and would continue to build to eventually have supply to decorate the entire loop. After researching actually costs, LAF has requested an additional $10,000 instead of the original $5,000. I strongly feel that this is money greatly spent and was further enhanced by the strong majority vote of over 60% in the survey. I vote to honor this request and authorize the additional budget money.
>
> Page 3 – Annuals and seasonal plant installation – proposed budget $9,000.
> We request that this be increased to $15,000 to include the additional
> planted areas added to the community.
>
> Page 3 – Well maintenance and irrigation – proposed budget $6,000. We
> request this be increased to $9,000 as we currently have 4 wells.
>
--- When the facilities manager was asked about this budgeted line item, we were told it was sufficient. I do not recall if that was when Frank was with us or if it was John who said it.
-- John was at the LAF meeting when this was discussed and he agreed that we needed additional funds here as there is no room for repairs if needed.

> Page 3 – Cleaning – proposed budget is $14,000. This amount went down from
> last years $15,000 and we are requesting an additional $10,000 to include
> the cleaning of the pool bathrooms.
>
-- Since the cleaning people will not be cleaning the kitchen any longer, they will be cleaning the pool bath instead without an increase in the budget.
-- Since the Café was not finalized and there is an ongoing project time with the café, the cleaning company is going to have to continue to clean this area for now. I personally don't think that the pool cleaning should be put off any longer and should wait until we are able to barter the services out. I vote to approve this additional moneys in order to begin a cleaning service in the pool area.

> Page 3 – Street sweeping – we are requesting that this line item be changes
> to “street/sidewalk/gutter cleaning” – proposed budget is $1,500. We are
> requesting this be increase to reflect the quotes which were received to
> complete cleaning of the entire neighborhood. We already approved the up
> to $60,000 for the gutters and sidewalks to be cleaned and then would also
> need to add in the additional costs for the streets to be cleaned and
> resanded.
>
-- This is part of the current part 3 of the budget survey and is slated for discussion at the next board meeting.
-- I will not be present at the next board meeting so wanted the other board members to once again here my strong opinion that this should be completed asap!!! I know you will all miss hearing my cheers and pleading for this item:)

> Page 3 – Paver, streets and sidewalk repairs – proposed budget $45,000. We
> are requesting to increase this line item to $90,000.
>
-- Additional street repairs is already apportioned in reserves. Replenishment of the reserves is also in the budget survey.

> > Not listed in proposed budget yet requested under Capital Improvements –
> Cross Creek Entrance landscape makeover – request $45,000.
>
--- This item did not receive majority approval in the 2nd part of the budget survey
-- Thank you for the update.

> Additional Basketball court lightning – request $8,000. Currently only
> half of the courts are light which makes playing at night difficult. And
> we all know that this is a popular activity for our teenage population.
>
--- This is the first time I recall seeing this request.
-- Rich tried to present this at the last meeting and Cyril told him that all of his requests had been added to the budget and didn't need to be heard. This was one of those items and to be fair, non of his requests were put into the budget as he was told they had been.

> Soccer Goals – request $5,000. To be placed in soccer field.
>
-- already included in the soccer field line item

Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: