This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Security Post Orders 
There have been two separate incidents this week regarding current Post Orders for the guards that I would like to open for discussion. The first incident was a resident voicemail upset that the guard wouldn't allow a vendor work truck to enter the community before 9am on Saturday. In speaking with the resident to determine exactly what happened; he explained that he had made an appointment for the Bright House tech to arrive at 8am to fix his internet connection. When the truck arrived at the gate, the guard had called him to let him know that Bright House was on premise, but she couldn't allow him access to the community until 9am. The technician left and the resident had to make arrangements for another tech for later that morning. The current Post Orders Addendum specifically read, "TheGuardhouse shall admit all WORK VEHICLES into Cory Lake Isles between the hours of 9AM-7PM on Saturday".

Is there a way to amend the post orders for a work truck to enter at 8am on Saturday? Also, what about emergency instances; roof leak, a/c, water pipe bursts, etc.? I believe there should be an allowance for the times of emergency repairs as sometimes these things happen in the late evening/early morning hours.

The second incident is a resident called to complain that their overnight guest, that had parked in the street because there wasn't room in the driveway, had a Warning sticker on the vehicle window from the Rover. She wanted to know the rules and what should she do about their guests. I asked if there was a way to possibly make room in the driveway or the garage and she indicated that they had just recently moved and the garage is currently full, there is no way to park the vehicle in the garage or driveway. So my question is how to accommodate resident extended guests vehicles when there isn't room in the driveways. The current Post Orders Addendum state, "No cars are to be parked overnight, between the hours of 1am until 6am, on any street" and "No cars are to be parked on easements AT ANY TIME." Is there a way to make exceptions for extended guests for the duration of the visit if they are 'registered' with the CDD office?

Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:50 pm
Hi Wendy,

As far as the 9am start time, that was originally designed to prevent workers from mowing lawns or making other loud noises early in the morning. Perhaps we could amend that to make the exception of workers that are not loud or for emergencies. I'd be interested in knowing what the other Supervisors think.

As far as multiple night parking for guests, I recall conversations in the past where we said if they notify the guards in advance that they could be allowed to do so. There would have to be some set limit though, so that it's not for a "permanent" guest. Perhaps, no more than 1 week. Supervisor thoughts?

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:20 pm
I think 8am is an appropriate start time.

As far as the overnight parking I don't think a decision was ever made. We had originally said that they could park at the beach club overnight but then the POA pointed out that they have strict rules that no one's allowed to park overnight at the beach club. I personally think that as long as the security guards are aware as long as the limit is no more than I would say four or 5 nights it should be okay.

My question is what do we do about the lawn company's that have bar code access and start mowing at 7am on Saturdays? Very frustrating!

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:49 pm
I'm fine with 8 as well. I wonder if we have another part of the code that says no loud work early on weekends. Maybe Chuck or Wendy know.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:05 pm
I am fine with 8:00 AM service trucks on Saturday and anytime for emergency repair trucks like plumbing or roof only. No lawn mowing until 9:00 AM

Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:22 pm
Im ok with a 8am for deliveries, however i don't believe Lawn companies should be allowed until 9am especially on the weekends when people are trying to get a little extra sleep.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:01 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: