This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Emailing CLI about Back-to-School Event 
The New Tampa Back-to-School Event that I am hosting at the Cross Creek Center (Plaza with Shell gas station at Kinnan and Cross Creek) on Saturday from 11-4 is growing into a tremendous event. We will have over $3,000 worth of raffle prizes with 1 free raffle ticket for each adult. 10 stores and restaurants in the plaza have sponsored the event and most will be giving away items and food and offering deals. Café Ole is offering free Paella. There will be free bounce house, dunk tank and band from 11-4pm. In addition, from 1-4pm, free face painting and DJ Davy from the Wild 94.1 morning show. The local fire department said they will make an appearance with the truck for the kids. A Kona Shaved Ice truck will be onsite throughout the event. We will even have a huge 5ft cloud buster balloon with 150 flags on the wire.

I think it would shortchange the families at CLI if we didn't inform them about the event. Obviously, since I'm hosting the event, I have a bias towards sending an email to the residents about the New Tampa Community event, so I want to find out from the other Supervisors if you think it's ok to email the residents about it before I direct staff.

Thanks,
Cyril

Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:54 pm
I am neutral on this.

Although I think if Cory Lake Isles children can have free fun and see their friends at the event, it will be positive.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:15 pm
I'm not sure what the laws are on this type of solicitation. I wouldn't want you to get in any trouble.... If it's allowable from your end, I don't see any problem with Wendy sending out a community wide email blast notifying of a community event that will be occurring just like we do for the CL events....

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:10 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: