This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1, 2
Alert Protective Services 
Good morning,

Below is a snapshot of how to introduce the new security company in the October edition of THE ISLANDER.

Click on the link to review what I have so far.

I welcome any feedback with additional information you feel is necessary, such as information about their company, that would be beneficial to include in the introduction.

Attachments:
Welcome Alert Protective Services.docx [52.36 KiB]
Downloaded 694 times
Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:39 am
I am unable to open the attachment. Do to my late arrival at the last meeting, does this mean that we approved the new security technology that was presented to us a couple of meetings back?

Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:32 am
I can view it by clicking on the grey link. It's a Word document. It looks good to me. Thanks, Wendy.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:08 pm
Can we put a starting date?

Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:19 pm
Wendy i like it, straight to the point and gives residents a heads up. Just one suggestion can we provide exact date when we should anticipate the new security company to takeover?

Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:23 pm
Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I will include the start date in the intro.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:07 am
Wendy Darby wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I will include the start date in the intro.

Would this also be a good opportunity to remind residents as to when to use the Security team vs calling the Beach Club vs calling the non emergency line for TPD vs calling 911?

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:45 am
Sheryl Springer wrote:
> Wendy Darby wrote:
> > Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I will include the start date in the intro.
>
> Would this also be a good opportunity to remind residents as to when to use the
> Security team vs calling the Beach Club vs calling the non emergency line for TPD vs
> calling 911?

What a great idea Sheryl! I think that would be a good topic for Neighborhood Watch/Security for their next article submission. If you'd like, I'll let you know when we receive new Post Orders that incorporate both Cory Lake CDD orders and Alert Protective Services orders to review of what would be good to include/examples as you mentioned.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:32 am
Jorge Castillo wrote:
> Wendy i like it, straight to the point and gives residents a heads up.
> Just one suggestion can we provide exact date when we should anticipate the
> new security company to takeover?

Hi again.
The Security Committee is in favor of the CDD Board reconsidering our role with the new security guard team, Alert Protective Services.

We are requesting to please join the regular meetings with the Alert Protective Services field officers, their management staff and the CDD office staff members.

Our office staff is more that capable of offering administratve and management support during these meetings but, the members of the Security Committee have over 80 years of combined military and law enforcement experiences.

Why not use our talents? As volunteer security consultants we can help mitigate training and other negative issues that plagued our outgoing security contractor, by offering valuable "advise and recommendations".

We willl offer the same advicements at these meetings, as we offer to you at the monthly CDD meetings.

We hope the board will consider our proposal as our community embarks on a new and exciting journey.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:13 pm
AJ,

The problem we have had in the past with the security committee meeting directly with the security vendor is that the vendor no longer knows from whom they should be taking directions. This is particularly troublesome when the direction from staff differs from what is being given by the committee or its members. As with any security force there has to be a clear chain of command.

The structure of our government is that the Board is elected to represent residents and to govern. The staff his hired to execute the policies established by the board. The committees are there to give recommendations to the board. That is because the committees have no obligation to represent residents. Committee members are not elected by residents.

The manner in which the committees have been operating over the last year has been effective. Much has been done. Committees have given recommendations to the board which has approved those recommendations with which it agrees.

I would strongly urge the board to not change the current system.

Cyril

Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:13 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1, 2

Search for: