This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Concept of New Facility across from Beach Club 
At our last board meeting, we discussed ideas regarding how to significantly increase indoor space for a larger gym or other needs. One idea that was brought up was building a facility across from the beach club. I mentioned that this would be our last green space in the community, except for perhaps the property across Cory Lake Blvd. from Capri Isle. We now have an appraisal for that property at approximately $1.5M to sell it to a developer for new homes. So, there are several ways that those two properties could be handled if the board went in the direction of a new facility.

What do the other Supervisors think about this topic?

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:09 pm
Based off the survey results that we received, I would entertain the idea of building a new facility across the street and I would recommend using the money received from selling the available land to cover the costs of the facility.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:30 am
1) Cory Lake Community has grown tremendously over past few years and with that there is a need to improve better, bigger, nicer gym.

2) Newer, bigger gym will attract new users who are currently using outside paid facilities.

3) Currently, we are missing out on few new home buyers because of our current state of the gym. Gym is important part of an amenity, to increase the values of homes and enhance quality of life. Will also be encourage healthy living.

The last survey results do indicate that residents are in favor of better gym. I will lean towards using the proceeds from the vacant land to build a new gym across the Club House.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:21 am
I will also be in favor of selling the land across Capri Isle to allow for us to build a larger fitness facility/other needs like a kitchen, indoor racquetball courts. I guess we need to decide do we want to sell for individual home build or entire lot to a developer to build 10 homes? I understand selling for the 10 homes will net us the most money.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:34 pm
Selling to building for 10 homes is worth far more -> $1.5M.

I probably will not be on the board when this decision goes through, so I would stress to the board to please not take away entirely the last green space that we have in the community. If a building is put across from the beach club, try to keep the greenspace between the building and the street.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:49 pm
Jorge Castillo wrote:
> I will also be in favor of selling the land across Capri Isle to allow for
> us to build a larger fitness facility/other needs like a kitchen, indoor
> racquetball courts. I guess we need to decide do we want to sell for
> individual home build or entire lot to a developer to build 10 homes? I
> understand selling for the 10 homes will net us the most money.

Hi again. Still having posting issues.
As a resident, I am only infavor of using the green space next to the Morris Bridge Gate for some sort of walk friendly park for both humans and animals. No more homes!

Our lovely community has expanded with too many residents. More homes in our already congested community is not the best solution; just look around and see how difficult it is already to drive out to Morris Bridge Road or Cross Creek Blvd.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:13 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: