This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Incident regarding report of child possibly hit by car 
Hi,

I just wanted to update the board on new information that I have regarding the incident for which we received a preliminary report at the last board meeting.

By coincidence, I was walking down Bahama Isle before the incident occurred and I saw a young man and a very small girl, maybe 5 years old, on a small electric remote controlled skateboard zipping up and down Bahama isle at speeds of about 10-20 mph. I was talking to a resident at the time and he and I commented on how reckless their activity was, particularly on the narrow roadway with cars, and with two of them on a small board and the girl being so young. Then I saw them pull into the same house that was later reported as being the location where the child who was hit by a car lived.

After the board meeting, I visited the house and spoke with the mother and she confirmed that the child was on the electric skateboard at the time that they were hit by the car.

The fact that the children were going to be hit and get hurt seemed to be a forgone conclusion when I first saw them on the road.

I don't know the exact circumstances regarding the incident as it took place, but I can say confidently that this would not be a standard "car speeding" issue.

Cyril

Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:39 am
Thanks Cyril for the update.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:45 pm
Cyril thanks for the heads up on this, it would be a good idea to get all the facts, is it possible to get this information from Aj or Sheryl from the police or security reports?

Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:33 pm
Jorge Castillo wrote:
> Cyril thanks for the heads up on this, it would be a good idea to get all
> the facts, is it possible to get this information from Aj or Sheryl from
> the police or security reports?

Hi everyone. I am having a little trouble with site.
Ihave looked into this accident since it was reported in the August Security Guard Incident Report.
Not sure of the extent of the injuries of the child or the steps leading up and following the ? accident because I cannot find any TPD report of the events. I consulted with Wendy and she too has not heard or seen anything more outside of the initial guard report.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:01 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: