This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Beachclub Cafe 
We have some good news regarding the beach club café.

I invited a builder to come by and give us a second opinion. He concurred that preparing food in our kitchen, as it currently is designed, will be a big headache and lead to high construction costs. However, he pointed out that all that we have to do is get rid of the oven/stove and we can serve prepared food.

Then, I ran into Giada at Panera and she told me that she is considering purchasing the oven/stove and that they will have no problem preparing the food in advance in their own kitchen and then heating it in a microwave or toaster oven, etc. on premises.

So, it looks like we are back on track to have a café :D

Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:45 pm
Having a real kitchen will incur us in additional licensing fees like health permit which can run around $500.00 annually, periodic and random health inspections and cost of correction for violations, possibility of rise in our liability insurance (food poisoning) and change of counter top surfaces in some of our prep area like near the sink as granite is considered to be porous surfaces and susceptible to harbor bacteria.

Lets sell off all the cooking appliances and I am for bringing in prepared food and using Club House kitchen area for temporary storing, warming and serving prepared food only. :)

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:39 pm
I’m in agreement with your suggestion Sid. Am I correct by saying the appliances we have cannot be used by any current caterers?

Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:33 pm
The only appliance we must get rid of is the oven/stove. Salt and Pepper is in discussions to purchase that from us. So, as of right now, as far as I know, we have no problems to solve. We are moving forward to have a café.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:47 pm
I would have to ask Chuck, but I do believe we would have to do the posted sale with the appliances. I have had others interested but I would like to be able to work with Ghada on the sale/purchase of equipment needed to open the Cafe'.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:18 am
Good point, John. In any case, whether it's a posted sale or a transaction as part of the café deal, we are moving forward which is great.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:14 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: