This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Holiday lights contractor issue 
The following information was brought to my attention over the weekend...

"Valerie Romas, who is contracted to install the holiday decorations, has been required

to provide worker’s compensation insurance which she was able to get at a cost of

$2,700. She has not had to obtain nor provide the insurance for any of her other clients.

In the past contractors for Cory Lake had to have liability insurance, but not worker’s

comp. Members on the committee assumed that the CDD already had worker’s comp

coverage. The committee recommends that the Board pay $2,700 for worker’s comp to

Valerie.

4. Since it was the committee’s understanding that worker’s comp was not required in the

past, the LAF committee requests clarification on the requirement of worker’s comp for

all vendors hired by CLI in the future."

This above information was sent to me in the LAF committee notes. I was unable to attend the meeting in person this month, so don't have full specifics surrounding the situation, but am completely disturbed to see that Valerie has had to confront such an obstacle. Does anyone have any more information that they can shed light to here? Also, is this something that we are going to have to require all future vendors to produce in the community?

Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:23 pm
This is the first time that I recall this happening. I will follow-up with Chuck.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:47 pm
I sent Chuck an email on this subject, and he left me a voicemail response explaining the entire situation. It is too complicated to type out. Joyce, I recommend that you contact Chuck to understand the details of the situation.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:13 pm
My request is that since this really is a requirement for her that the board consider reimbursement for this added expenditure that she wasn't aware of when she provided the initial quote or when she signed the contract.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:32 pm
Joyce, based on what I heard, it's much more complicated than that and Chuck can clarify the situation for you. The request may not make as much sense to you after you get all the details from him.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:48 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: