This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Cyril Spiro Campaign Signs outside CLI 
Hi Supervisors,

I would like to get your opinions on posting signs for my campaign on the locations outside CLI, but on CDD property, shown in the attached maps, until the election is over.

As you may be aware, the Heritage Isles CDD has already endorsed me as a candidate for City Council based on the improvements here at CLI during the time that I have been a Supervisor. They also have an advertisement encouraging residents to vote for me on their electronic bulletin board.

The reason that I think it makes sense to put my campaign signs outside CLI on CDD property is that it is wholly in the best interest of the community for me to be a City Council member because I have an intimate knowledge of the needs of our community and can best act on behalf of the residents as a City Council member. A perfect example is the request for a variance that the CLI CDD has made that must be approved by city council for our new electronic signs.

There is no rule prohibiting the CDD from allowing my campaign signs from being posted on CDD property, as is the same with Heritage Isles, and there is no cost to the community. As a result, we do not need to vote on this item as a board. Instead, I am asking for your opinions as individuals.

Thanks,
Cyril

Attachments:
File comment: Black lines in image represent two 2x4' signs on wooden posts at a right angle to each other
D7 CLI MB Sign.png
D7 CLI MB Sign.png [ 48.56 KiB | Viewed 11939 times ]
File comment: Black lines in image represent two 2x4' signs on wooden posts at a right angle to each other
D7 CLI CC Sign.png
D7 CLI CC Sign.png [ 47.22 KiB | Viewed 11939 times ]
Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:43 pm
Cyril is one of our own Cory Lake Isles resident, a CDD Chair who has positively contributed and made his mark to this community over the past few years. I especially remember his negotiating skills with Kolter few years back. Also under his leadership Public meetings are not controversial nor acrimonious as I had witnessed in the past. Also I would like to add that there do exist atmosphere of harmony among Board members too!

I read that Heritage Isle Board has publicly endorsed Cyril, they are seeing same progress as I have been in Cory Lake.

Beside, it will not cost us anything, the signs will be of temporary nature, not prohibited by the City or CDD rules. So I feel this is a 'no brainer'.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:01 am
wrote:
> Hi Supervisors,
>
> I would like to get your opinions on posting signs for my campaign on the
> locations outside CLI, but on CDD property, shown in the attached maps,
> until the election is over.
>
> As you may be aware, the Heritage Isles CDD has already endorsed me as a
> candidate for City Council based on the improvements here at CLI during the
> time that I have been a Supervisor. They also have an advertisement
> encouraging residents to vote for me on their electronic bulletin board.
>
> The reason that I think it makes sense to put my campaign signs outside CLI
> on CDD property is that it is wholly in the best interest of the community
> for me to be a City Council member because I have an intimate knowledge of
> the needs of our community and can best act on behalf of the residents as a
> City Council member. A perfect example is the request for a variance that
> the CLI CDD has made that must be approved by city council for our new
> electronic signs.
>
> There is no rule prohibiting the CDD from allowing my campaign signs from
> being posted on CDD property, as is the same with Heritage Isles, and there
> is no cost to the community. As a result, we do not need to vote on this
> item as a board. Instead, I am asking for your opinions as individuals.
>
> Thanks,
> Cyril

Cyril I am with you.

Yet, I am having flashback to a CDD meeting two months ago when a resident thought you may have crossed the line by using community access to communicate an event.

Have you thought about other alternate locations?

Please check out:
https://www.signs.com/blog/do-political ... -campaign/

https://www.signs.com/blog/do-political ... paign/#map

Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:50 pm
Cyril i dont have an issue with this however i don't want your name to be tainted by a few community members who may not be in favor of something like this. Again I agree with Sid you have been instrumental to this community. Again i don't have an issue with it, just be prepared in case it comes back as an objection from residents.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:12 am
Cyril,
As a member of the CDD board I am totally against posting any signs of any kind in Cory Lake yards or anywhere on Cory Lake property. We as board members should lead by example, set standards/guidance and put forth our best efforts to influence residents to abide by and adhere to practices, policies and procedures of this community. If you are allowed to put signs up on Cory Lake Property, then everyone in this community should be allowed to put up for sales signs or any other type signs they wish to. Cyril, you as the Chairman of the board would be setting a bad example and it would be considered as abuse of power. Bottom-line, don't do it. It's not worth it. From what I am hearing throughout the Cory Lake community most residents are going to vote for you anyway, including the five members of my family.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:13 pm
Thank you, Supervisors, for your input. I have decided against putting up signs on CLI property. Bob, your argument was very convincing :) . Thanks again, Cyril.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:50 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: