This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Kids Fireworks on Saturday, October 29, event at Club House 
Cory Lake Residents from Indian origin have decided to celebrate Diwali (Festival of Lights) at the Club House on Saturday, October 29, 2016 in the evening. Diwali and Fireworks are synonyms, they go hand in hand. Diwali is a festival of celebrating victory of good over evil.

They would like to light hand held sparklers for the kids and few fountains. Absolutely no crackers, rockets or any fireworks emanating sound. This will be a very harmless activity. It will last for 15 to 20 minutes. I would like to know the opinions of other Board supervisor.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:17 am
While we do have a rule prohibiting fireworks, I recall that we have had sparklers at several CDD events in the past. Because they do not make noise they are not a nuisance to neighbors. So, I have no problem with sparklers and I recommend that we look at the rules to see how it's written and if the language is not explicit regarding sparklers that we modify the language to allow sparklers at the next board meeting when we can vote.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:32 pm
Sudhir (Sid) Shah wrote:
> Cory Lake Residents from Indian origin have decided to celebrate Diwali
> (Festival of Lights) at the Club House on Saturday, October 29, 2016 in the
> evening. Diwali and Fireworks are synonyms, they go hand in hand. Diwali is
> a festival of celebrating victory of good over evil.
>
> They would like to light hand held sparklers for the kids and few
> fountains. Absolutely no crackers, rockets or any fireworks emanating
> sound. This will be a very harmless activity. It will last for 15 to 20
> minutes. I would like to know the opinions of other Board supervisor.

I am all in totally in favor of hosting the Diwali at the Beach Club but, I would prefer the event be celebrated with family gatherings, strings of electric lights, flowers, sharing of sweets, and worship and not with any sort of fireworks.

The intent of the "No Fireworks Ordinance" within Cory Lakes in not only to prevent increased noise to humans and pets but, also to prevent unintentional lost of personal property from any possible fire.

All future CDD/POA sanctioned or personal events within the community should not encourage the use of any sort of fireworks.

Thanks.

AJ

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:40 pm
I support and encourage all types of celebrations, however, if the community policy prohibits any type fire (repeat any type fire works) then we should not do it, because will have an excuse to start doing it at home and it will lead to people doing more than just light sparking fire works. This could become a big problem in Cory Lake if we are not careful how we approach this issue. I'm a very positive thinker when it come to Celebration but, this one with fireworks is risky.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:35 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: