This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Reclinata Tree Maintenance 
This is from John:
"I would like to tame the wild reclinata palms on the entrances to the streets before the race/run in November. I know this is another one of those long debated topics with residents saying that Gene told them when they were put in that the CDD would maintain them. Then he quit maintaining them and the residents had to. I just want to get the ones that aren't being taken care of cleaned up. They are an eyesore to the community and some are a danger to residents as the have to duck under their branches or walk out into the street to get around them.
The worst ones are at St. Croix, Cachet and St. Lucia but there are others spread around that need attention.
I would like to hear the thoughts of the board as some have been here long enough to know the back story and help fill in the gaps."

It is true that Gene used to maintain these trees, even though they are on private property. It seems to me that we should get an easement put on them so that we can then maintain them as part of the CDD or the POA should enforce that they are maintained by the homeowner.

What do others think?

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:29 pm
IMHO, if you trim trees on private property, using CDD monies, then the same service should be offered to all homeowners, even those who do not have the reclinata palms.
My inclination is that the homeowners should be held accountable, through the POA, for maintaining their property, and fined accordingly if they don't, which should be BAU.
wrote:
> This is from John:
> "I would like to tame the wild reclinata palms on the entrances to the
> streets before the race/run in November. I know this is another one of
> those long debated topics with residents saying that Gene told them when
> they were put in that the CDD would maintain them. Then he quit maintaining
> them and the residents had to. I just want to get the ones that aren't
> being taken care of cleaned up. They are an eyesore to the community and
> some are a danger to residents as the have to duck under their branches or
> walk out into the street to get around them.
> The worst ones are at St. Croix, Cachet and St. Lucia but there are others
> spread around that need attention.
> I would like to hear the thoughts of the board as some have been here long
> enough to know the back story and help fill in the gaps."
>
> It is true that Gene used to maintain these trees, even though they are on
> private property. It seems to me that we should get an easement put on
> them so that we can then maintain them as part of the CDD or the POA should
> enforce that they are maintained by the homeowner.
>
> What do others think?

Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:07 am
As the board has discussed, we should go forward with our plan for the CDD to have LMP take care of all Palm trees. However, we could prioritize which streets are to be done before the Race.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:53 pm
As a point of clarification, the board had decided on trees in the right-of-way (between street and sidewalk). The reclinata's are on private property, behind the sidewalk in the yards. Does that information change anyone's thinking?

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:53 pm
If Reclinata's are not on CDD easement we should not have to maintain them, but sounds like i may be missing something. I believe we spoke about this in our last meeting and made a decision which i don't recall what it was.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:41 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: