This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Motor Oil/Hydraulic Fluid Leak on N Cory Lake Blvd & Cachet 
I would like to bring the discussion of Republic Services Motor Oil/Hydraulic Fluid leak throughout our beautiful community live again.

There is evidence of attempts being made to clean it up, but to me it appears even worst now, drawing
attention to the leak. The strip approx three feet wide Republic tried to steam clean is clearly visible from a distance but oil stains still remains on the pavers.

What do others supervisors think about this?

I feel that Republic cleaning attempts is unsatisfactory and they should be held accountable until our pavers
are cleaned or replaced.

I also feel that our Attorneys should handle this matter here on.

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:33 pm
Sid I'm in agreement, however i believe we intentionally put this on hold until we all made a decision what we will do regarding the Pavers being sealed by this new company we are looking at.
My thought is we move forward and try to settle with Republic on what they will pay us considering the project to seal entire community will be at least over $1 million and won't be done anytime soon and the Oil slicks need to be resolved asap.

I agree we bring this issue back to Agenda at next meeting.

Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:39 pm
Hi, As Citizen Cyril, I'd like to add my two cents :D

I think that the test strip that was done by glass-on has proven that the color looks great. We don't know yet if it will seal the pavers as long as has been reported, however we were told that it will mask oil spills by covering it with color. That in of itself is a large improvement over the oil stain.

We know that Republic will pay to clean up their portion of the spill.

So, one idea that I would like to share is to ask Republic to pay for glass-on to use their product on the 1/4 mile or so of road which has the ridiculously conspicuous oil stains on the South side of Cory Lake Drive from Bermuda to Martinique which Sid has described. It is also on Cachet from what I've been told. The product would be applied across the entire road so that the road is uniformly colored.

Admittedly, this will leave a "zone" of color that cars will enter and leave, however it will be across the whole road so it will have a nice appearance within the zone. This will also allow our residents to give us more feedback on the new color.

If, after enough months, we see that it works as promised and masks the oil stains, then Republic can foot their portion of the bill for the spots that go around the entire community if we use glass-on for the entire community. That, of course, would be a negotiated fraction of the glass-on cost.

I hope that helps in the discussion.

Cyril

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:10 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: