This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
MISCELLANEOUS TOPIC 
This topic is open for suggested new Topic subjects by non-Supervisors.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:41 pm
As a resident, I have a suggestion about the new gated arm for the exit on Morris Bridge Road.

It was installed for the purpose of preventing someone from entering the neighborhood on the exit side at night when there is no physical guard. Because it slows down exiting vehicles, I would suggest that it is only activated during the 3rd shift when the physical guard is not present.

If some crazy person tried to go in the out lane when a guard is present then the guard could alert the authorities. No one has ever tried to do this with a guard there that I am aware of.

Thanks for reading. What do the Supervisors think of this suggestion?

Cyril

Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:38 am
The reason I have it in operation is so that residents get used to the gate arm being there. Yes it is a change, yes it is something different, but I believe that after a few weeks of normal operation the residents will get used to it.

No we don't have a big problem with gate runners during the day. But people squeezing out the gates as it opens IS an every day occurrence that puts not only the residents personal property ay risk of damage but also the CDD property. I don't believe the 5 seconds at most extra for the gate to get fully opened is that much of an inconvenience.

Again this is just my honest opinion.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:46 pm
To John's point. I can only envision that the same residents that are speeding throughout the community are the same ones tailgating at the gates and racing through the exit gates. Putting the safety of other drivers at risk as the dash around the pond towards the MB Road.
I am hopeful that the arms and gates can be supported with additional "No Tailgating" and "Slow Down" signs as you approach both exit gates and also upon entering the community at both gates.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:13 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: