This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
TECO LED upgrade 
This topic is to give the board a chance to discuss the option of upgrading all light poles to LED heads.

I had looked into the option of privatizing the community but with a price tag of around $1.6 million to upgrade plus still having to pay a lighting and maintenance fees I decided to look into just upgrading the existing poles to LED.

TECO actually has an LED tariff in place giving us the ability to upgrade AND save money.

We currently pay right around $13,000 a month just for the light poles in the community. Upgrading to LED will give us a monthly bill at $7311. almost a 50% savings.

We would have to sign a new 10 year agreement but the annual savings alone of around $60,000+ would be nice.

Also with signing a new contract we could also choose to add lighting in some of the areas that are lacking currently. I.E. The Morris Bridge pedestrian sidewalks, pocket parks, playground to name a few.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:03 pm
John,

I am in favor of signing a new 10 year agreement with TECO. LED lights are energy and cost efficient.

Hopefully in 10 years we will Solar.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:57 pm
I'm also in favor of LED via TECO if there is no upfront costs just a long term commitment for 10 years, i believe is a fair trade off for $ savings. We will discuss further at CDD meeting.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:51 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: