This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1, 2
TECO lights. 
I just talked to the lighting supervisor for TECO to find out the facts and here is what he said.

TECO is definitely not offering the high pressure sodium fixtures moving forward and will only maintain existing units. If they need replaced you get the new LED.

The trim we have is called a Classic Deluxe which is currently not available in LED but will be available in January. We have two options,
1) They have agreed to transfer over our trim rings to the new fixtures at no charge but they can't change over the finial on top because there is no hole in the new fixture.
2) We have them stop installation now and wait until January to complete installation but we will have to sign another contract.
Waiting until January would save us about a dollar a month per fixture because the bulb in that fixture is a lower wattage but it has a higher lumen which means it will even brighter than what they are putting in now.

In regards to how bright they are, TECO will only offer LED fixtures in 4000K with the white coloring. So that is what everyone will be going to. They will not offer an amber LED to match the glow of the HPS bulbs.

They offer a shield that can be placed in the home side of the fixture to block light shining towards the residence but can't block the road side. These shields are usually $169 installed but would be less because of the number we would need.

Bottom line is all TECO lights will be bright moving forward. If we want the trim they are willing to eat the cost and change them over but they need to know ASAP as the project is on hold with a crew sitting idle.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:19 pm
John I think we should go ahead with the change now. We don't need to wait for January. The topper is not important.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:15 pm
By waiting until January how much money will it save the community annually?

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:04 pm
Approximately $1 per fixture times 343 units
At twelve months would be about $4116 annually..
But we lose $5000 a month until the new contract.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:22 pm
If what they have coming in January is brighter than what they've installed in Capri I say lets move forward now. However this agreement is contingent on them installing the trim in January and ensure we get this in writing.

Regarding the shield 1st we should see how it looks in a few homes that have already complained, however I will try to negotiate the price of $169 per shield as it seems very high. We should use this as an opportunity to leverage the fact that we are moving forward with installation with these unforeseen issues which are not to our liking and sitting well with the board. I personally do not like the look of the new fixtures but staying optimistic with the trim and shield they will look better.

Thoughts of rest of boards members??

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:11 pm
sorry Board Members that is :-) long day

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:13 pm
Sheila - so if my math is correct here are the scenarios as I understand them;

Wait to January 10 year contract - $41,116 savings

Start now assume we start saving in September - $5000 x4 (months Sept-Dec17) =$20,000

so waiting until January will only save us $21,116 over 10 years vs immediate $20k over next 4 months. Is this correct John? like the immediate savings of $20k over 10 year span savings.

thanks

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:24 pm
Jorge,
They will start switching our trim off of the old ones to the new ones now, no need to wait until January.
They just can't switch over the finials on the top because the new fixture doesn't have any holes in the glass for it.

They price of the shields get less with the number purchased.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:52 pm
thanks John, couple questions;

1- The Finials is not an option even if we wait until January?
2- can you please get an idea of pricing tiers for the Shields? We should try to negotiate this.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:50 am
The finials are not an option unless you want to wait until January and not continue with this installation. From a maintenance aspect you are better off without them because within a year they will become a maintenance issue with the seal starting to leak and allowing moisture into the fixture and shorting the LED board.

I have to give them a decision today so we need to decide. They actually wanted it yesterday but I asked them to give time to discuss the options presented.

The shields are something we can work with

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:04 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1, 2

Search for: