This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1, 2
Cross Creek landscape bid 
This topic is for discussion of the LMP bid to redo the landscaping on the Cross Creek entrance from Cross Creek Blvd to the guardhouse.

I have attached the new pricing.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:22 am
thank you John

Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:58 pm
Dear Fellow Board Members,

Can we add this this item to the part 3 survey? Lets find out how the residents would like to pay for this and how soon?

Thank you,

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:36 pm
We have long talked about the appearance of Cross Creek VS Morris Bridge entrance. I think its time to spend some money on beautification instead of sports faciities for the selected few. Spending money on beautification is in the best interest of all residents and its about time we start spending money on what the community most need and want.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:59 pm
I like the idea of posting to the survey. I have talked to several residents that do not think we need to add more landscaping and would rather spend the money elsewhere. Others have also commented that we should focus more on landscaping inside of the gates vs outside.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:31 am
Hi, The 2nd Survey results already address this item and the opinion of the majority of the community is pretty clear. I recommend waiting on the presentation at the next board meeting before making any decisions. If I have the time, I will try to post the raw results in a way that is not too confusing to this thread before the next meeting.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:30 pm
The idea 0of an elected BOARD is they are in powered to make decisions for the community. It's great to get feedback, but for every decision we should not have to do a survey. We should decide what in our collective opinion is best for our community.
A survey will only get both sides of an issue to speak out and we still have the final vote.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:47 am
David,

Fair enough!

On the flip side, in my opinion, its our duty and obligations as an elected officers to continue listening to the voices of the residents. That's the true democracy that I know off. As you know this is a big ticket item and people paying for it must be heard. I think surveys is very important tools as the Board's disposal. I value it and respect it immensely. I trust that if the reasons are compelling enough we can all jointly make right choice. I hope you will agree.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:36 pm
The link below will show the result from the question about Cross Creek Landscaping. A Statistical Significance analysis shows that there is a Margin of Error of +/- 6.3% so the spread between Yes and No should be at least 10% or greater to indicate that the sample size for the survey is 95% likely to represent the whole community. Therefore, the majority of respondents to this question said 'No' but the spread is not enough to know if that represents the whole community.

However, the residents did not know the cost of the project. In Part 3 of the survey, we can include this question with the cost ($150k?) and find out if the majority of residents are 'for' or 'against'. We have seen many examples in the past where the majority of residents were in favor of an item until they found out the cost.

I'm happy to answer any questions.

View Results here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-E-x ... nVwa0t4a3c

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:04 pm
Cyril - thanks for this information obviously this is an item we will be making a decision on very soon. I will start out by going back to my personal opinion about the Tennis Courts, my initial thought was this was a waste of the communities money, especially those of us who don't ever utilize the Tennis courts. Now forward that a few years and my opinion is completely the opposite I believe for the size of the community it was money well spent. I must point out during the voting process to approve the budget for this item I remember there was about 45 people in the audience and about 5-10 were for the courts and the rest of us were against and we all know the Board voted for building.

Based on history and the margin of people who voted on this topic I feel it's close enough that we as a board make a decision. My thoughts is the Cross Creek entrance is stale and needs to be revitalized with landscaping and lighting, the main entrance is the first impression and right now it looks very dim and needs life.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:18 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1, 2

Search for: