This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Christmas lighting proposals 
This topic is for discussion of the christmas lighting proposals.

We will need to decide quick on this so we can have the materials ordered and ready for the Install in October.

I have attached Tim's comments from his email to help you understand them.

Attached are the two proposals as we discussed. A few points of interest:

Proposal 1 is for this year, one year only contract. Note: I'm still giving SIGNIFICANT savings on the 10 light poles. I'm still doing those at a loss at that price point. My original quote is very accurate but I sincerely am trying to win the good will of the community. The 8 palms with match sticking is also at a loss especially when considering I'll have to have a lift to do the work but at least I'm recouping some cost of material and labor.
Proposal 2 is for 3 year terms. As you can see between the two proposal I'm giving a huge discount on both the poles (although I've reduced to 8 total) and I'm throwing in the 8 palms as well. I just don't know what other concessions I can make... I hope the board sees the value they are getting in this proposal.
The ligustrums - especially since I'm giving a lot in both of the proposals I'm asking for a professional courtesy or "game time" decision as to whether the ligustrums will look better with or without the mini lights in the limbs along with the drip tubes in the canopy. My thought here is I'm most likely going to use the cool white drip tubes as opposed to the warm white. I DO NOT like the look of the cool white mini lights in the limbs as I think it will take away from the effect of the drip tubes. Warm white with warm white would be fine (ww in limbs, ww in canopy) but I don't think the warm white drip tubes will give as much pop in the canopy. Point is, I'd like to install the drip tubes. If after seeing the tubes by themselves we feel like the mini lights are still needed I will add them after the fact but initially, I'd say not to do so.

Ok, please review the proposal carefully. As stated in the meeting, you and I can do another walk through to make sure everything we have agreed to is accounted for. But, if you spot something obvious up front do let me know.

I look forward to the response and working on the project this upcoming season. Again, my sincere gratitude for all your assistance. Greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:52 am
Hi John,

Thank you for the proposals. Proposal # 2 for 38k is not affordable, in my opinion. Proposal #1 is reasonable but I do not want to get stuck with for three (3) years if we do not like it first year.

John, I would appreciate it if you could make copies for the Board of the proposal we were presented during the June meeting. I couldn't locate a written proposal from that vendor but remember seeing on the power point.

The Board will have to make a decision this coming meeting.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:59 pm
We can do less poles in order to make the cost less..
This is just a proposal but we need to decide what we want to make it work.
The longer we wait the less likely we are to get what we want yet again.
We were hoping to have a decision in July to order the materials in august so they are here for an October install.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:15 pm
I'm in agreement $38.5 is way higher than what we anticipated spending on holiday decorations this year. My suggestion is we try to meet in the middle and commit to the $33K option with a 2 year guarantee. Only reason I say this is because they had an amazing display at the Grand Hampton Community and I'm optimistic this will be the best we've had since most of us have lived here. How do other board members feel about this idea?

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:00 pm
I think a 2 year committiment sounds good especially since we have seen his work in other communities. The price should come down some. One think that I did not hear addressed is what happens if something is installed this year that residents do not like? Will we get to change/ modify next years display or are we committing to an identical set up. Also, are we locked in to the pricing or a guarantee not to exceed a certain price increase percentage over a set number of years? Thoughts?

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:44 am
Sheila,

The basic lighting can be changed without any issue. The only thing that would reflect a price change is the optional or added decorations. Bows, wreaths, garland and decorative lighting are all options we would have requested. If we aren't happy with them then those would be on us. If they go bad then he replaces at his cost.

If we choose to do more then we can amend the contract to add more the following year otherwise the contract could be written to reflect the same budget each year.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:49 am
How about the other presenters. Have we narrowed it to only Tim?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:39 am
David,

I do not think we have narrowed on a particular contractor yet, but from the power point presentations I think it will be between the contractor doing Grand Hampton or Arbor Green.

We must decide on Thursday.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:22 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: