This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS 
This topic is open for suggested new Topic subjects by non-Supervisors. Only supervisors can create/start a new topic. This topic is designed so residents can post a question (or comment) to the CDD Board members. A NEW topic will be created if it's determined the question should be separate from the Miscellaneous topic.

In order to get started, press POST REPLY (on the bottom left corner) to this Topic and type either the question or comment to the CDD Board.

Please call the Beach Club (813) 986-1031 for any questions or assistance.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:07 am
The Gate Guards should have been able to ID this Car Are they too lazy?
Sheryl Springer, Cory Lake Isles

Speeding Incident in CLI - Thursday Aug 31 @ 8PM
I was given permission from the person who sent this to the Cory Lake Security/Neighborhood Watch teams to post here on Nextdoor.

The Tampa Police will be alerted, the security guards will be briefed on appropriate protocol, security cameras will be reviewed. We currently do have the TPD doing patrols in the community, specifically focused on speeders, however they can't be here 24/7. We are also investigating the if this person truly is a member of any of the boards or committees in the community.

I hope that anyone who has this happen to them IMMEDIATELY contacts the TPD non emergency number, notifies the security guards, and also sends an email or otherwise notifies myself (Neighborhood Watch Co-ordinator/CLI and to AJ Forbes, CLI Security Committee Chair). We can curtail behavior like this ONLY with your help.

This is the email we were sent:
"Tonight, 31 August 2017 around 8 o’clock, my husband and I were walking our two dogs for their evening walk. We had just rounded the corner from Saint Croix Isle Drive heading towards the Beach Club and were about at the second house from the corner when a car came speeding up the road from possibly the Morris Bridge Entrance. My husband simply used his hand in a downward motion to indicate to the driver to slow down. The driver of the metallic blue high end Mercedes coupe convertible (maybe a SL450 roadster) screeched to a stop, jumped out of his car and started cursing at us at the top of his voice using the “F” word so many times it was unbelievable and saying that we were not the “f-ing” cops. He told us that he could go 35 miles per hour (which he was greatly exceeding as he came toward us) if he wanted to because the chairman of the board of Cory Lakes told him that was OK. He persisted intimidating us to the point that I am still shaking. He also made racist comments to us and said we probably had only one “white” parent. We are both Caucasian and so was he. And I was afraid as he was coming around his car towards us that he would hurt us. I tried to get his tag number but I did not have my distance glasses on and could tell it was a Hillsborough County tag, but could not discern any letters or numbers. I also did not have my phone with me. I nor my husband have never had any contact with this person.

I called the Morris Bridge Gate when I got home and the security guard there told me that I should call the nonemergency number for the Tampa police. He also was absolutely unhelpful in knowing if such a car passed through and said that I might not know it, but half the cars that go through the gate are speeding. It was like a non problem for him.

I realize that as a security guard of one that the security guard could not pursue a car on his own. I also know that we did not want to take this situation into our own hands as I now fear that if the guy sees us again walking, he might try to intimidate us or maybe hurt us. I want no contact with him. And I know that by calling the nonemergency number of the Tampa Police that I am wasting my own time.

I am terrified that I have lived in this community for about twenty years and that I now feel threatened simply by someone who chooses to not follow the rules and to make everyone else miserable by doing so.

Is there anything you can do? And is there someone in the governance of this community telling people they can go over the speed limit?"

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:11 am
considering we have the time of day this happened we should be able to ask Envera to pull this. John please confirm if you are already working on this for us.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:15 pm
We know who all parties involved are.

We have spoken to both the TPD and CDD legal counsel and both said there is nothing we can do at this point.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:46 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: