This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Palm Tree Triming 
Policy on Palm Tree Trimming needs to be clarified. Some Residents thanks LMP is responsible for keeping Palm tree branches trimmed six feet above the side walk. I believe policy requires LMP to trim only the trunk of Palm trees.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:03 pm
I am thankful to the Board for approving such a policy but, I also agree with Bob about revising it.

Pros:

1. Residents are able to use sidewalks when not blocked by vehicles overparked in driveways.

2. Streets lights are able to illuminate surroundings without being blocked by branches.

3. A sense of uniformity.

Cons:

1. Branches are not cut often enough...present timeframe between cut, may need to be no more than every 3 months.

2. LMP leaving mess all over streets, sidewalks and lawn after pruning....need to clean up small debris.

3. LMP not cleaning tools between homes is may major fear.

Thanks.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:14 pm
my understanding of the policy was they cut 6 feet of height clearance and will maintain frowns between cuts and I know for sure this has not been done.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:16 pm
The program was for two trimmings a year. Extra cuts at extra charges.

Since we had such an outcry that LMP over cut the trees and they were going to die we let them grow back some.

Some of the trees in here do not even meet a 6' clear trunk height so adult growth will always hang lower than six foot.

The second trimming was supposed to begin the first week of Sept but was pushed back by the storm.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:52 am
John,

When does LMP plan to finish off trimming rest of the palms? It appears that the progress is very slow.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:56 pm
Sid,

Trimming of the trees is ongoing.. They haven't stopped.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:20 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: