This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
2018 Race for Place 5K Run 
I am posting this on behalf of Mary Nash seeking approval from the CDD Board to allow CLI to host the race as it was in 2016. I've copied & pasted the information from the email I received regarding the day's activity.

Hey CDD Board—

I would like to bring Race for a Place —a 5/10K walk/run--to benefit the Humane Society of Tampa Bay—back for a third go around November 17th, 2018. Here is some useful information:

Security and Logistics-- will be taken care of once again by David Nash. He will implement the same maps and volunteers at each isle entrance as in the past.

Food—Donated by BJ’s, Costco and /or Sam's

Beer Truck—provided by Pepin Distributing will have same COI with Cory Lake CDD as additionally insured.

Restrooms—Same as 2016—Beach Club and Athletic Center

Set up and clean up—Same as 2016- 70 Volunteers from The Humane Society of Tampa Bay

The Beach Club will be used for the following activities:

6-7am -set up—tables, chairs, etc—already at Beach Club
7-8 am late registration—Pick up packets, chips and goodie bags not done the previous three days
8am-Race Intros—MC, Blessing of the animals, National Anthem
8:15am—10K run begins
8:30–10:00 prep for awards ceremony to be held in front of Beach Club

Event is over when the last award and last door prize is gone—

In 2016, Race for a Place raised over $11,000 for the Humane Society of Tampa Bay. The Main Sponsors for the event were CLI, Shapes Fitness for Women, The Advisor Magazine and Tesla. We had many more additional sponsors. We had over $7500 in cash and prizes for the winners and door prizes. CLI was listed on over $10,000 worth of advertising and marketing on social media, print magazines and newspapers, posters and flyers.

Please let me know as soon as this is approved so that I can secure sponsors, venders, MC,etc. Oh, and of course, the Beer Truck!!!

Thanks

Mary

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:43 am
I'm in favor of this however will need feedback from the Staff regarding what we liked, what needs improvement and what tweaks should be made in order to run this event as smooth as possible.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:41 pm
I have this on my Office Admin report for tweaks which was to ensure traffic and parking vendor had experienced staff to handle large crowds and traffic patterns.

Jorge Castillo wrote:
> I'm in favor of this however will need feedback from the Staff regarding
> what we liked, what needs improvement and what tweaks should be made in
> order to run this event as smooth as possible.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:14 pm
This will be very positive for CLI residents and beyond.

I was one of the participants in 2016 and want to compliment the organizers for superb planning starting from parking, traffic flow, registration, safety, staffing, timings, dj, food and beverage for runners and finally awarding medals.

I would suggest that CDD staff communicates traffic flow for the event to CLI residents on more than one occasion.

Sudhir (Sid) Shah

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:41 pm
I would love it if we did this run again! I did it last year and I was hoping we would do it again.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: