This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1, 2, 3
MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS 
Levant,

You keep saying that a new gym was not in Survey's part 1&2. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Look at the Surveys posted on the CDD website.

2018 Budget Survey (RAW): look at responses 19, 28, 77 to start with. There are 17 suggestions for a new gym in this first part of the survey, which is the one where residents make suggestions on their own of what they want in the community.

2018 Budget Survey (Part 2): Slide 31 Titled: Build a New Fitness Center with nearly 50% in favor. That was the question posed to residents in the second part of the survey.

If you are going to complain about the board, you ought to have your facts straight.

Cyril

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:52 pm
Carlos Guzman wrote:
> Not a problem Cyril. Just a minor error.
>
> You say "The error is so gross, that it's laughable"?
>
> The fact that a board member's wife is distributing and in charge of the
> results is even more troubling!!!
>

Carlos,

I agree that it is not good practice for a CDD Board Member's wife to be in charge of a POA committee. David said she is in that role because no one else wanted it. So, as soon as someone else wants it, then she should step down.

Cyril

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:54 pm
Thanks for the information Cyril. In that case, David Burman should also step aside from the board with regard to any votes regarding this issue.

In reality, David Burman should not be involved in any CDD voting process that results from any survey if his wife is handling the survey. This is improper anyway you look at it.

So now we have two board members with significant conflicts and issues, Sid Shah and David Burman.

Survey distribution and results should always be handled by a third party, unbiased and unknown to all involved to avoid any conflict of interest or suspicions of wrongdoing. Then and only then can Cory Lake Isle homeowners trust that any board is acting on behalf of the community in a fair and honest manner.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:03 pm
FYI
Cyril Spiro just posted on Sunshine that I am wrong about the new gym being in the survey results. He also published these survey results now on the CDD webpage. I take my statement about the new gym back, because I have been misled by what was available on the CDD webpage/documents up until today. I will take his word for the accurateness of these newly published survey results.

This is only now I am getting an answer about this after a month I asked this question in my letter to CDD, which is not in the minutes.

I still keep my reservation about surveys done by residents in or around the CDD, they should be done by a third-party.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:44 pm
Cyril wrote:
"Carlos,
I agree that it is not good practice for a CDD Board Member's wife to be in charge of a POA committee. David said she is in that role because no one else wanted it. So, as soon as someone else wants it, then she should step down.
Cyril"

Cyril, I'm glad to hear that you don't believe it's good practice for a CDD Board Member's wife to be in charge of a POA committee. I agree with you. "David has said that she is in that role because no one else wanted it." That is fine. Then David must step down from the CDD Board. It's one or the other. Either David Burman steps down or Luise Burman (David Burman's wife) steps down. Whichever seat is easier to fill, then that individual must step down and be replaced as soon as possible.

I formally and respectfully ask that the CDD board discuss and ask for the resignation of either David Burman or Luise Burman during the CDD Board meeting on December 14, 2017. The conflict of a board member voting on any issue where his wife previously controlled the votes of the homeowners cannot exist one day longer.

In addition, I formally and respectfully ask that the CDD board pass a motion to exclude Sudhir (Sid) Shah from any vote that has to do with the land sale or new gym construction since he has demonstrated by his own words that he cannot vote unbiased and will, with high probability, disregard the wishes of the majority of community if it goes against his personal wish and desires.

For the record, I don't dislike or have any personal issue with anyone on the CDD board or committees. I have personally met Sudhir (Sid) Shah, David Burman, Cyril Spiro and Jorge Castillo. I could enjoy a conversation and discussion with any one of you. My objections, as a resident and homeowner, have been in the mishandling and failures that have occurred in the tasks of the CDD Board and it's committees.

To all Cory Lake Isle homeowners:
Please make an effort to attend this very important CDD Board meeting at the clubhouse December 14, 2017 at 6:00 pm.

Homeowners, come to the meeting so that we can avoid another one of these:
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/12/09/Hills ... _par.shtml

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:41 pm
Board members,

Did you ask your district manager to weed out in the written meeting minutes any opposition, or any idea, comment, scene in the meeting, that stands against a way of action, or is it fully his own decision? Is such way of action, whatever it is, your way or his way?

Please answer these two questions in the meeting.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:55 am
FYI, another meeting minutes cleaned up.

"ask the cdd if they need the vote of the majority of the homeowners to do anything??? I asked that about the other building with boat lot area for over 55 plus which is in the cdd sept 15th, 2016 line 51-62 & 944-993. I asked that question and they said no they did not need it. my name is bob abajian
Thank

Levent Kara

Bob,

Thank you for stepping forward with this:

You are scraped from the minutes, I do not see your name or your question. And the minutes look like it was a great idea that they were discussing, the +55 community by then.

http://www.corylakescdd.net/_assets/doc ... agenda.pdf

I feel embarrassed as a resident, that the meeting minutes of CLI CDD have been systematically weed out of any opposing view, any idea, that may be in the way of some action they are pondering.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:33 pm
Too much confusion, strike my last comment, he now says he did not say it in the meeting...

One thing is clear though. There is frustration.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:24 pm
Copied from a response that I made to a concerned Cory Lake Isles homeowner...

The 5 CDD board members and property management company (Wrathell, Hunt and Associates, LLC) cannot act freely and do anything they want. They have to represent the wishes of the majority of homeowners of Cory Lake Isles.

I have contacted members of the local press and local TV news anchors that I've come to know during the 17 years of practicing medicine in the City of Tampa. They are willing to go public with this story if the 5 CDD Board members and property management company continue in this direction and continue to basically act as though they own Cory Lake Isles. They will go public with this story pending the results of the CDD Board meeting on Thursday the 17th.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:21 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1, 2, 3

Search for: