This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1, 2, 3
MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS 
(continued from above post)

(FROM ABOVE)
"229 it was
230 assumed that, if they responded yes, regardless of whether the land was sold, they did not
231 have a problem with the land being sold"

***IF THERE HAD BEEN FULL TRANSPARENCY MOST WOULD HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE LAND BEING SOLD. THAT IS A FALSE ASSUMPTION. I include myself in having a problem with the land being sold as I have previously expressed.***

(FROM ABOVE)
232  Most of the residents that commented lived in Canary Isles and did not want more homes
233 between themselves and Capri

***THIS COULD NOT BE FARTHER FROM THE TRUTH. I ONLY KNOW OF 1 INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS COMMENTED AGAINST MORE HOMES WHO LIVE IN CANARY ISLES. MOST OF US COMMENTING AND JOINING THIS DISCUSSION LIVE IN MANY OTHER PARTS OF CORY LAKE ISLES, INCLUDING MYSELF IN JAVA ISLE.***

(FROM ABOVE)
234  The conclusion was that a significant number of residents were in favor of the larger gym
235 if the land was sold

***FALSE. ONLY 68 WERE IN FAVOR OUT OF 227 SURVEYED. THIS IS BARELY 30% FROM THOSE THAT RESPONDED.

(FROM ABOVE)
244 residents and selling the land or green space. Mr. Shah felt that the Board should decide on the
245 gym expansion today and not belabor the topic further; in order to attract young, educated and
246 successful individuals, the community must have a modern gym.

*** MR. SHAH WAS IN A RUSH TO VOTE THAT EVENING DESPITE THE COMMUNITY'S CONCERNS AND OPPOSITIONS BOTH IN THE SURVEY AND IN THE CDD MEETING.*** I have no personal issues with Sid Shah. I met and spoke with him, one on one, about this issue a couple of weeks ago. We had a good conversation and even spoke about meeting for coffee at a later time. However, it was clear to me that he was extremely biased and was not flexible in his vote regardless of what the majority of the community wants.

Sid (Sudhir) Shah wants the gym for personal reasons... his son requested it, he admitted this in the formal CDD meeting in November. And if that isn't enough of a conflict of interest, Sid Shah has positioned himself to create the next survey with regard to this issue and later have 1 of the 5 final votes as a board member on this issue. I'm sorry to say Mr Sid Shah but you MUST RECUSE FROM THIS PROCESS or conflict of interest is forthcoming.

(FROM ABOVE)
247 Mr. Woodards and Ms. Haque called for a new survey to reassess the issue. Mr. Burman
248 suggested asking Ms. Elizabeth Ross to assist Dr. Spiro in rephrasing the survey questions. Dr.
249 Spiro would be happy to work with Ms. Ross to prepare a more detailed and specific gym
250 survey. Mr. Shah volunteered to act as liaison between Dr. Spiro and Ms. Ross.

***MS ELIZABETH ROSS WAS NOT PRESENT AT THE CDD MEETING, NOR WAS SHE EVER NOTIFIED THEREAFTER BY THE CDD BOARD THAT SHE HAD BEEN NAMED TO ANY COMMITTEE, MUCH LESS THE SURVEY COMMITTEE. SHE ONLY CAME TO FIND OUT ABOUT THIS BY A RESIDENT WHO INFORMED HER TWO WEEKS LATER. ***

250 Mr. Shah volunteered to act as liaison between Dr. Spiro
and Ms. Ross."
SO THIS COMMITTEE WAS STRICTLY SID SHAH AND CYRIL SPIRO. CYRIL WAS A FORMER CDD BOARD MEMBER THAT WAS INVOLVED IN THE SALE OF THE LAND THAT HAS NOW BECOME CAPRI ISLE.
I AND OTHERS ALSO ASK, WHY IS CYRIL NOW INVOLVED IN THIS NEW SURVEY, AND WHY MUST WE HAVE THE SAME INDIVIDUALS THAT WERE INVOLVED IN THE CAPRI DEAL INVOLVED IN PUSHING THIS LAND DEAL?***

FYI:
IF I RECALL CORRECTLY, IN A PRIVATE MEETING LATE LAST MONTH, CYRIL SPIRO STATED THAT HIS WIFE IS IN CHARGE OF THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE SURVEYS. IN OTHER WORDS, GETTING THE SURVEY OUT BY EMAIL, RECEIVING THE COUNT AND THE RESULTS. PER CYRIL SHE WOULD VOLUNTEER AGAIN TO CONDUCT ANOTHER SURVEY.

THIS SURVEY HAS TO BE DONE BY A THIRD PARTY THAT HAS NEVER HAD ANY CONNECTION WITH CORY LAKE ISLES (IT'S BOARDS AND ANY OF ITS RESIDENTS) AND THE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY (WRATHALL, HUNT AND ASSOCIATES, LLC) IN TO AVOID ANY CONFLICT OF INTEREST OR THE APPEARANCE OF SUCH.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:18 pm
Now as for the construction a new (gym) building, we're talking about an estimated $684,000 gym that is likely to be much more after adding new equipment, etc. Perhaps closer to $800,000 - $900,00 dollars when it's all said and done. Then of course, as noted about, we as homeowners have to pay for the maintenance, repairs, cleaning, equipment repair and updating, heating/air, and electrical cost of this building as long as we live here. Security may also become an issue. This gym would be tucked away behind the tennis and basketball courts. How many are going to feel comfortable going there in the evening? And in general, how many more people will use a new gym above those that use the current gym?

And then the board wants to convince you that it is all free if you let them sell the land to a developer. A developer who can do many things with the land across Capri Isle such as build more Capri Isle type homes, build condominiums/apartments, or perhaps worse, there are NO guarantees.

The last survey results showed that the majority of Cory Lake Isle homeowners were in favor of expanding the current gym by approximately 30%.

I believe that the estimate for expanding the current gym, presented during an earlier CDD meeting, was in the neighborhood of $100,000. This can be done today with the reserve of money we currently have (~$1,200,000) and will have by the end of this year 2017. This is also free to all us and we don't have to add more structures and clutter to the entrance of Cory Lake Isles of we chose to expand the current gym.

Just look at what the 2 homes being built at the entrance of Cross Creek have done for all of us. Not very pretty anymore, is it? This could have been avoided by buying those 2 lots for $110,000 but the board decided not to. This was a small price to pay (from our reserves) to have kept our once impressive entrance.

People are asking "Why is the board again so motivated to sell this land to a developer?" I, as an individual homeowner (since 2013), ask myself this same question.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:28 pm
Audio recordings of the last CDD meeting, please listen and compare to the written minutes:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0djk1ul8o4un ... I-P6a?dl=0

The please compare the first 30 minutes of the second audio file and lines 220-267 in the written minutes

http://www.corylakescdd.net/_assets/doc ... agenda.pdf

What did the residents who were there at the meeting presenting their views against the gym or land sale gain by going to the meeting at all? See the second audio file 15:14 and further, what did that resident gain, is he recognized in the minutes?

What happened to Mr. Rene Fonctcha's comment about "mixing apples and oranges", and "we have other options", "paying attention" in audio becomes "overly concerned" in written minutes. His mention of "we have options", and "reliable sources of funding" are left out. Minutes look at the land as the sole option...
Audio 27:25, written lines 262-266.

Is this really our Board doing this? Who writes these minutes? Who approves them?

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:34 pm
it's so easy to talk and discuss the above items amongst your selves It is impossible for Board members to do the same. You have to wait for the next Board meeting when the Board members can discuss the items you have brought up. The meeting is this Thursday. Can't you wait until then to hear the discussion?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:11 pm
Carlos, Your recollection of my wife being involved in the surveys is pure fiction. She has never been and never will ever be involved in surveys.

You are confusing me with David. His wife is in charge of the POA rules committee and he also discussed surveys being handled by the POA.

The error is so gross it's laughable! :lol:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:53 am
Adam Khan, Cory Lake Isles
Looking into the minutes, it appears that my arguments were toned down or entirely scrubbed from the minutes! Listen to the audio, I state very clearly that certain members of the board have dogs in this fight and that residents should not be misled, this is all scrubbed out. Our note taker is presenting a VERY biased view with the minut

Levent Kara, Cory Lake Isles
Adam, thanks for posting. Are you the person in audio second file 15:14? Because, between lines 220-267, there is no mention of an Adam Kahn, and you say your arguments are toned down. Where are your arguments that are toned down? Did you make a speech at the beginning of the meeting as well?

Adam Khan
Yes, that was me asking Sid a question, which was quickly dodged. They completely ignored me in the meeting minutes, I don't see my questions or concerns anywhere in the recorded minutes.

Levent Kara
I think what is happening is the manager plays by the rule, in his own way, they have to put you in minutes when you make the 3 minute speech. So you are the "Mr. Adam Ghent" on line 121, and you are muted down on that part. Afterwards, when you engaged the Board in discussion, which they do not 'have to' put you in minutes regarding law, you are completely deleted from records...

Again, nicely done CDD! "Come to the meeting." "This is your forum, as transparent as it gets"...

If this is what they are doing for such a small piece of land, all this manipulation, and cover up... I wonder what happened with Capri!

We have 5 members of the Board, 5 neighbors... Board members, are you aware of this? Is the manager crafting the minutes under your Supervision? And this is an important question which you cannot say we did not hear because it is not posted on Sunshine. We do not need a comment from you here, the meeting is in 4 days.

Anybody knows a Rene Fonctha? He is one of the people who wants a new gym, but he also thinks, like many of us, that we should not mix "apples and oranges", he thinks "we have other options". All of these comments about mixing things, and that we have options are deleted in the written minutes. He remains in the minutes as the person who asks for a new gym and asks the board to ignore concerns from other neighbors who are against the sale being "overly concerned".

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:32 am
By the way, this is not really a new gym versus sale of land issue. They created this mess by introducing the new gym in the 3rd survey and giving the option to sell the land. A new gym was not asked for nor selected in the previous two surveys. [Prove if this is not the case CDD! We asked it, you cannot answer!]

[Why is my letter to the Board distributed at the meeting NOT in the minutes? You heard this on that letter, you also heard this In Greg Nielsen's letter.]

The new gym was not generated in the 1st survey, nor selected in 2nd, by resident input. Someone put it in 3rd survey with land sale, and now we are all caught up in this mess...

When people saw the 'new gym' in the 3 rd survey, it became something wanted, and voted for, and now residents who want a new gym versus residents who are not for the sale of land are hassling in a confusion. This mess is created by someone on the board and / or by the survey... I repeat, there is no majority demand for new gym in 1st survey, there is no support for a new gym in 2nd survey. It is put in the 3rd survey by someone with land sale as option.

Also, it is not true that the Board insists on selling the land, I take my word back. They just may be asking for a new gym, by themselves, to make the community better, as they see fit, without resident input.

However, MI homes insist they buy the land. And they have lobbyists working for them...

CDD tells us in their letter that: "In no way could the land be sold on short notice-considerable research and planning would be required. The land would have to go through a sealed bid process to allow anyone interested in purchasing it to place a bid. The Board could then consider or reject bids. There is no way a company or individual could walk in and make an offer or trade for the property."

This is not true, research and planning is already produced by a committee in the past, they have numbers. If what they say in the letter were the case, how could they give us the numbers on the survey, 1-1.5 million for the land?

We know from records developed by a CDD committee in the past, ran by Elizabeth Ross, that MI homes made an offer already in the past for 10-12 homes. And you can hear comments implementing this in the last 15 minutes of the second audio file.

We are being played in a cheap game. Some builder wants business, they use lobbyists to get in the game, like the manager and the surveyor, and we are being surveyed as to their interests.

[Same thing with the street pavers, this keeps coming in the surveys. Check previous meeting minutes and see for yourself who lobbies for that material they want to sell to CLI.]

The surveyor lectures the board on governance, tells the board to ignore the comments by a small number of people from Canary Isle, which is not true anyway, etc. when his job should only be to present the survey results [please listen the first 30 minutes of second audio],
and the manager just guides the board as to how they should behave and what they should think... the manager also keeps the meeting minutes clean against any future dispute, as you see here. The manager advises the board to ignore people, trust the transparency of the meeting minutes, stay away from Nextdoor, etc. Please listen the last 15 mins of second audio file.

I think MI homes should make their own survey to see whether the residents are willing to sell the land. The CDD should only do the new gym survey if that is what they want, without resident input.

Mixing these two interests in one survey results in resident confusion and frustration.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:33 am
Also, who wrote that letter they sent?

The manager tells me staff drafted a letter, sent it to CDD members individually, to avoid violation of Sunshine, and got feedback from them individually, and then sent it out to public.

Do you really think that letter was seen and evaluated by all 5 members and accepted as such to be sent out?

How come 5 people look at the same letter and miss the obvious typo or the wrong information about Sunshine ["CDD members cannot communicate in any setting (about CDD matters) other than the Board meetings.... as long as no other board member is included.]?

How come also all 5 of them cannot remember what they decided in the meeting about the survey ["During the November CDD meeting the board decided that it would ask for additional volunteers to help with the survey."]?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:33 am
Members of the Board, neighbors, please clean this mess up and give us a Board that has the AUTONOMY and COMPETENCE that all CLI residents deserve.

You are Supervising our land and our money, CLI deserves better than this.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am
Not a problem Cyril. Just a minor error.

You say "The error is so gross, that it's laughable"?

The fact that a board member's wife is distributing and in charge of the results is even more troubling!!!

Cory Lake Isles homeowners, imagine this scenerio...

Any public official, say Florida governer Rick Scott, is trying to pass something that impacts all of us significantly like increasing our taxes. We don't like it nor welcome it. But Rick Scott's wife is in charge of the voting process, sending out the votes and then obtaining the results. The wife then tells the public the results. What about this sounds normal, ethical and even legal?

This is what is occurring right here in our own back yards.

You folks are breaking so many rules. This has got to stop!

Then you have a current CDD board member, Sid Shah, telling me privately that you, Cyril Shah, were David's scapegoat on the bad Capri Isle deal. What is going on here?

I'm sorry to have to admit it but you as a group and as individuals representing our beloved Cory Lake Isles community are a complete failure and a complete mess.
And this, my neighbors, is no laughing matter.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:13 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1, 2, 3

Search for: