This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1, 2
MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS 
Gentlemen. I researched the company Glass-On Solutions, Inc. in less than 10 minutes. Are you aware that this company has only been in business for 2 years?

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/Corpor ... 0001034390

And from Glass-On Solutions, Inc website:
"Lasts 3 to 5 years or longer, even under the harsh tropical sun and in all salt water environments."

To begin with 3 to 5 years is not long enough of a duration. Imagine having to spend 1.7 million every 3 to 5 years.

Secondly, a 2 year old company may not even be around in 3-5 years. Yes, they did a test site. But suppose they do the entire job, it doesn't last, we turn around to ask them to fix it and they are no longer in business. I've seen the test site and I already see wearing off of color. We're are talking about the the road area on Cory Lake Isles Dr correct?

And we're proposing to give this business a $1.7 million dollar job?

A job such as this needs to be done by a large and very reputable company with a significant history. A company we know will likely be around in the future in case there's an issue.

Seriously gentlemen, and no offense, but please let's practice better judgement.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:50 pm
The CDD cannot solicit a bid from one company. They have to go through the process via a committee.
Florida statutes stipulate that any procurement must be allowed via competitive bids. Therefore this contract must be advertised as an RFP and bids must be accepted from reputable companies. The lowest bid must be entertained. See below, this statute govern all agency within Florida, no exceptions.

287.057 Procurement of commodities or contractual services.—
(1) The competitive solicitation processes authorized in this section shall be used for procurement of commodities or contractual services in excess of the threshold amount provided for CATEGORY TWO in s. 287.017. Any competitive solicitation shall be made available simultaneously to all vendors, must include the time and date for the receipt of bids, proposals, or replies and of the public opening, and must include all contractual terms and conditions applicable to the procurement, including the criteria to be used in determining acceptability and relative merit of the bid, proposal, or reply.
(a) Invitation to bid.—The invitation to bid shall be used when the agency is capable of specifically defining the scope of work for which a contractual service is required or when the agency is capable of establishing precise specifications defining the actual commodity or group of commodities required.
1. All invitations to bid must include:
a. A detailed description of the commodities or contractual services sought; and
b. If the agency contemplates renewal of the contract, a statement to that effect.
2. Bids submitted in response to an invitation to bid in which the agency contemplates renewal of the contract must include the price for each year for which the contract may be renewed.
3. Evaluation of bids must include consideration of the total cost for each year of the contract, including renewal years, as submitted by the vendor.
4. The contract shall be awarded to the responsible and responsive vendor who submits the lowest responsive bid.
(b) Request for proposals.—An agency shall use a request for proposals when the purposes and uses for which the commodity, group of commodities, or contractual service being sought can be specifically defined and the agency is capable of identifying necessary deliverables. Various combinations or versions of commodities or contractual services may be proposed by a responsive vendor to meet the specifications of the solicitation document.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:21 pm
I agree. We need to form a Purchasing Commitee in Cory Laure Isles, independent from all the other committees in Cory Lake Isles. In other words, a Purchasing Committee cannot have members that are on the CDD Commitee, etc.
This committee would research companies and obtain bids from various vendors. Then decide whether the lowest bid is the best one or whether it's worth going to a higher bid as a result of a company's reputation. Let's keep this in mind... cheaper is not always better / penny wise, dollar foolish.

Not that I'm looking for a job, but I'd consider being a part of this committee.

I ask that the CDD Board discuss the formation of a Purchasing Committee on the CDD meeting coming up in January.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:40 pm
John - please have Chuck add this topic to our Agenda for this months CDD meeting I'm open to discussing this again, also can we please pull the old proposals that provided pricing for entire community and separately for the loop in case we wanted to approach this in phases. One of the main reasons this project got put on hold was due to many other projects taking precedence and most importantly the exorbitant cost of a project of this magnitude. Again this is for discussion purposes at the next meeting considering financing for a project of this size will take time to plan. This will absolutely require entire community input.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:48 pm
I agree with Carlos. We can not avoid our surveyed item and introduce another project. There is only so much money to spread around. We should be doing projects that benefit the majority of our residents.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:58 pm
So I see these workshops are actually open public meetings under Sunshine Law, as we have 3 members voicing their opinions on CDD action items.
This is very encouraging and something I did not understand before. This can be the internal communication we have been asking for on Nextdoor, and the past two workshops were not the norm perhaps, as we did not get any response in those two.

I had very many people saying Sunshine is a joke, but I see now may be it is not. Can this perhaps be made clear to public? That CDD members will read and respond to concerns residents have?

I am sure many cannot attend the meetings, but this really gives them to 'talk to' their representatives.

Thanks,
Levent

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:40 am
We really need to decide which is most important. The resealng of the roads throughout Cory Lake Isles or the possibility of building a new gym. I just don't see that a majority of homeowners are going to be open to paying for both of these either simultaneously or perhaps even in succession. The road has been estimated at $1.7 million, the gym realistically closer to $900,000. That is asking each homeowners to come up with $2,600 in addition to the yearly CDD fees. And this does not include other unforeseeable special assessments that may arise. I'm being realistic.

As I mentioned on an earlier post, many estimates need to be sought for the road/paver resealing. Not one estimate from a 2 year old business.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:47 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1, 2

Search for: