This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1, 2
MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS 
This topic is open for suggested new Topic subjects by non-Supervisors. Only supervisors can create/start a new topic. This topic is designed so residents can post a question (or comment) to the CDD Board members. A NEW topic will be created if it's determined the question should be separate from the Miscellaneous topic.

In order to get started, press QUOTE (rIght corner from the Author) to the Topic and type either the question or comment to the CDD Board.

Please call the Beach Club (813) 986-1031 for any questions or assistance.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:23 am
Hi, When Glass-On laid down the paver protector on the test strip on Cory Lake Drive near the Morris Bridge portion of Cory Lake Blvd, we planned on waiting a year and then seeing if it still looked the way it should and then cleaning it, in the method prescribed by Glass-on, to see that it fared better than the untreated pavers. I believe it has been over a year. Is there a project in place to follow-up on that plan? Best, Cyril

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:40 am
Cyril,

I had the test area cleaned at the six month mark and it came clean with relatively low pressure which was a good thing.
I will be having the pressure washing company on site this month for routine maintenance cleaning so I will have them hit the area again and see how it looks.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:02 am
Thanks for the update, John!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:16 pm
Hi Cyril,
Can you please forward a link to the company site for Glass-On? I found a Glass-On Solutions @ https://glass-onsolutions.com/ but I am not sure if this is the company.

Do we know how long the sealing will be effective before any need for resurfacing? As far as I remember from the survey, the amount was close to 1.7 m for the whole CLI, and I think it would be good to know how long does it last.

Thanks,
Levent

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:08 am
Hi Levant,

That is the correct website. My recollection was guaranteed for 5 years but would last longer, but you'd have to confirm that with John.

Cyril

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:14 pm
Thanks Cyril.

Hi John,
Do we have any actual references for the work this company had completed so far at the scale of CLI in Florida? Their website is lacking references to actual jobs that are completed with long term customer satisfaction which is the norm in any business like this. Also, from the images provided on the website, the applications look much smaller in scale; driveways, entry pavements, with much less use, weight impact, and traffic compared to what CLI streets are accommodating. The longevity of the application might differ considerably between different scales.

I would appreciate any additional information you might have.

Thanks,
Levent

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:27 am
Hi All,

Thank you Cyril for bringing up the matter of CLI roads. Its one of the most important infrastructure of the community which sets us apart from others.

I plan to request the Board to start the process looking into approving for power cleaning, sealing with color enhancer and re-sanding the roads especially the loop, its wearing out fast!

Sudhir (Sid) Shah

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:15 pm
Sid,
I agree, the roads set CLI apart, the pavement really was one of the reasons we pick here.

This said, I would like to see this done in a way that we get the most for our money, like we do anything for our homes.

Is this the only company that does this work? The website is not informative as to their references, they do not even have a physical address on the site, and as for longevity, they say a range between 3 to 10 years... which one for CLI? Any reference work at this scale?

Has the CDD gotten quotes from other companies?

I would like to learn if you have additional information.

Thanks,
Levent

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:40 pm
The faded pavers are a concern without a doubt. However, we need to resolve the gym, park and land issue before considering a move to another expensive project. Bringing this up now will deter most homeowners from agreeing to this project until the other is resolved, including myself.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:55 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1, 2

Search for: