This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
MISCELLANEOUS TOPIC 
This topic is open for suggested new Topic subjects by non-Supervisors. Only supervisors can create/start a new topic. This topic is designed so residents can post a question (or comment) to the CDD Board members. The NEW topic will be created separate from the Miscellaneous topic for ease of reply and viewing.

In order to get started, press QUOTE (rIght corner from the Author) to the Topic and type either the question or comment to the CDD Board.

Please call the Beach Club (813) 986-1031 for any questions or assistance.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:02 am
Hi,
I have a small request. Any document posted on the CDD website used to open, very conveniently, in the browser for viewing. This has been very recently, a few days ago actually, changed. Now you have to save / download the file to view it.

Can we please go back to the previous and more convenient version, where the documents open in the browser, and you don't need to save / download the file?

Thanks,
Levent

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:42 pm
Hi Levent,

I checked with the contact person for the CDD website and confirmed that nothing has changed. Do you have a specific document or example? If possible, please email me directly at clibeachclub@corylakescdd.net with examples or screenshots of what you are encountering. Could it be settings on your internet browser (chrome, safari, internet explorer??)

I use Chrome and when I went to the CDD website and clicked on the Agenda for the upcoming CDD Board meeting (Feb 15) it automatically downloaded the agenda, so I am leaning that it might be the browser or possibly the size of the document trying to view.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:32 am
Thank you Wendy,
I will follow up with Daphne Gilyard to resolve this.

Levent

Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:22 pm
Daphne Gilyard resolved the problem:

"The glitch on the website has been repaired."

Thanks,
Levent

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:26 pm
Hi all,
I was at the January meeting, I do not recall such an extensive rewording of the December meeting minutes when it was discussed and approved with changes. I would like to know which member dictated the following edit, possibly after the meeting. This was not done during the meeting.

I also find the changes highly alerting given we are up for a new survey. Please compare what is changed here to the respective lines at December meeting minutes, presented to the Board for approval in January meeting agenda, lines 159 through 189:

Thanks,

195 Lines 159 through 189: Insert
196 “Mr. Burman stated one of your comments was that my wife is on the
197 survey committee. She is not and never has been on the survey committee. My
198 wife is a member of a survey committee of the POA and is not a member of the
199 CDD. My wife took that position back in 2015, prior to me joining the CDD
200 Board and she took it because nobody else in the community wanted to step up
201 and I twisted her arm to take the job as I was the POA Chair at that time. Her
202 survey has nothing to do with what the CDD is currently doing. Her survey deals
203 with the existing covenants of the POA and what changes this community would
CORY LAKES CDD January 18, 2018
204 want to make in the existing covenants of our community; that will be an
205 electronic voting conducted by a private institution that the POA has hired, and
206 that will probably take place in either January or February but she has nothing to
207 do with the decisions and the discussions we are having here at the CDD.
208 Dr. A. Cyril Spiro, a resident, stated, “Let me just say one quick thing
209 about facts. After that meeting… so what happened at the meeting is that David
210 said that his wife was the Chair of the POA committee that is managing the
211 survey for a committee that’s figuring out how to change the rules, the covenants,
212 that’s what he said to me. Carlos, what you took out of that meeting and what you
213 put on social media is that my wife is in charge of the CDD survey process and
214 that she’s the one distributing it and I’m creating it and that we are…
215 Mr. Guzman apologized for the error.
216 Dr. Spiro stated, “Everybody makes mistakes, I’m just talking about facts
217 here, so he said that and then it became my wife then I corrected that and then it
218 became his wife who is involved with this survey and, it’s again, completely
219 wrong, so I don’t know what mechanism you’re using to filter the information
220 that you’re hearing. What I recommend is that you double check it before you
221 start accusing people of doing things.
222 Mr. Burman stated that his wife was a POA Committee Member and had
223 nothing to do with CDD Board decisions and discussions. The survey she was
224 involved with dealt with the existing POA Covenants and changes this
225 community would want in the existing Covenants. The voting would be
226 electronic and conducted by a private institution hired by the POA and would
227 occur in January or February.
228 Dr. Spiro took issue with Mr. Guzman falsely posting, on social media,
229 that Mrs. Spiro was in charge of the CDD survey and handled distribution and
230 when corrected, Mr. Guzman then posted that Mrs. Burman was the party
231 involved with the CDD survey, which is completely wrong. He recommended
232 that Mr. Guzman verify the facts before making false accusations.”

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:54 pm
159 Mr. Burman stated that his wife was a POA Committee Member and had nothing to do
160 with CDD Board decisions and discussions. The survey she was involved with dealt with the
161 existing POA Covenants and changes this community would want in the existing Covenants.
162 The voting would be electronic and conducted by a private institution hired by the POA and
163 would occur in January or February.
164 Dr. A. Cyril Spiro, a resident, supported the independent survey, per Mr. Ramphal’s
165 suggestion, and felt that it would be a huge win if the Board hired professionals and paid them to
166 conduct the survey because the process would be institutionalized. It was important that
CORY LAKES CDD December 14, 2017
167 residents had a say in the decisions of the Board, which was what propelled him to volunteer to
168 conduct surveys and felt that his efforts paid off as the community has improved in the past few
169 years. The majority of the community would like to expand the gym and the way that the survey
170 was phrased this year, in regard to the new gym and the land, did not account for the possibility
171 that some people wanted to pay $1.2 million but not sell the land. The comments posted on
172 social media regarding the gym, the land sale and Board Members were largely false, leaving
173 innocent people to defend themselves and others wondering who was being truthful, which was
174 wrong, and residents must know the facts prior to making accusations.
175 Mr. Ramphal stated that he made conclusions after meeting with Mr. Shah, on Monday,
176 regarding the land sale and would prefer to pay $700 towards a new gym rather than sell the
177 land, which he felt was the consensus of most residents. Discussion ensued regarding the survey,
178 facts and information on social media. Mr. Burman stated that the Survey Committee was set
179 up, formally, on November 17, 2012.
180 Dr. Amrit Patel, a resident, presented photographs and expressed concern about the
181 bumpy road conditions. Discussion ensued regarding the road conditions, truck traffic, installing
182 speed bumps, road settling and destruction of pavers.
183 In response to a resident’s question, Mr. Castillo confirmed that the public’s comments
184 would be in the minutes and urged residents to submit their names prior to making comments.
185 Mr. Scott Walley, a resident, stated that he was opposed to building a gym with funds
186 from the sale of the land and that many residents were at an age where they do not frequent the
187 gym; some seniors would not participate or utilize a gym. Since he was a caregiver to his 100-
188 year old mother, he seldom accessed his emails and requested all CDD correspondence be
189 mailed to him. In response Mr. Castillo’s question, Mr. Walley participated in two of the

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 am
"228 Dr. Spiro took issue with Mr. Guzman falsely posting, on social media,"

I would like to have line 228 corrected to read that my statement was posted here on the Sunshine Board and not on "social media".

228 Dr. Spiro took issue with Mr. Guzman falsely posting, on social media,
"229 that Mrs. Spiro was in charge of the CDD survey and handled distribution and
230 when corrected, Mr. Guzman then posted that Mrs. Burman was the party
231 involved with the CDD survey, which is completely wrong. He recommended
232 that Mr. Guzman verify the facts before making false accusations.”

I an requesting that the CDD board have the courtesy and respect to contact a homeowner if you're going to revise or post disparaging comments about that homeowner so that he/she may have the opportunity to defend themselves and/or correct you.

The fact is that I was led to believe that David Burman's wife was involved in the survey by none other than Cyril Spiro himself. I have come to learn that Cyril has a longstanding issue with David so it's no surprise that the statements below were posted on the Sunshine Board December 11, 2017 by Cyril Spiro:

"Carlos, Your recollection of my wife being involved in the surveys is pure fiction. She has never been and never will ever be involved in surveys

You are confusing me with David. His wife is in charge of the POA rules committee and he also discussed surveys being handled by the POA.

The error is so gross it's laughable! :lol:"

as well as,

"I agree that it is not good practice for a CDD Board Member's wife to be in charge of a POA committee. David said she is in that role because no one else wanted it. So, as soon as someone else wants it, then she should step down.".

Additionally, if you feel it necessary to refer to anyone as "Dr." outside of their individual work environment, feel free to also refer to me as "Dr.". I have actually always found it to be quite pompous.

In summary, I ask that the CDD board retract their revisions or include my statements in the revision. I ask this in response, since you have found it necessary to submit your revisions.

Thank you

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:43 am
To CDD board members: Both lines 213 and 228 need to be corrected. What Cyril Spiro has stated is completely false. Nothing of what Cyril refers to was posted on any social media, that is unless the Sunshine Board is now considered social media. Using Mr. Spiro's own words, "the error is so gross it's laughable!"

And since the adding of items post publishing of board meeting minutes appears to be the new norm, I'm requesting the addition of my response following line 232, and if not there, in the minutes for the month of February as a addendum response to December's meeting.

Per Carlos Guzman:

Mr. Cyril Spiro states "I don’t know what mechanism you’re using to filter the information that you’re hearing. What I recommend is that you double check it before you start accusing people of doing things". And "He recommended that Mr. Guzman verify the facts before making false accusations.”

The fact is that I was led to believe that David's wife was involved in the survey by none other than Cyril Spiro himself, from Mr. Spiro's posts on the Sunshine Board, December 11, 2017. I came to learn that Mr. Spiro has a longstanding issue with David. So it was of no surprise that I was misled to believe that David's wife was doing something improper by Mr. Spiro's posts, where he even suggested that she should step down.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:10 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: