This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
MISCELLANEOUS TOPIC 
This topic is open for suggested new Topic subjects by non-Supervisors. Only supervisors can create/start a new topic. This topic is designed so residents can post a question (or comment) to the CDD Board members. The NEW topic will be created separate from the Miscellaneous topic for ease of reply and viewing.

In order to get started, press QUOTE (rIght corner from the Author) to the Topic and type either the question or comment to the CDD Board.

Please call the Beach Club (813) 986-1031 for any questions or assistance.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:36 am
What is the current status on the street light removal and/or shade installation in Capri Isle? Six months or so ago I brought up this topic, and received a response that "lamp shades" would be provided to dim the light facing the houses. Also, there was discussion about removing some of the lights in Capri (especially Anguilla Isle Ave) so that it looks more like a housing area, and less like a blinding runway at night.

Has there been any progress on either of these issues? The hurricane was to blame for the delay then, but what is the holdup now?

John S. Burch

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:51 am
The removal of the light poles in Capri is tied into the contract/ project to install new light poles along the sidewalks on the entrance streets. This project was delayed as the original change-over was delayed first by the hurricane and then by the materials shortage created by repairs after the hurricanes.
The changeover project is now complete or nearly completed.
I know the install and removal project for the sidewalks and Capri has now been pushed to the construction team so as soon as they update me with a proposed start date I will let everyone know.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:58 pm
To whoever initiated trimming the bushes at the Morris Bridge exit (past the guard house on the right surrounding some metal enclosures)... very creative, they look really cool! Great job!

Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:16 am
Thanks John Hall for the update. The problem is the lights are simply too bright, and an ugly commercial color. If they would simply replace them with dimmer lights, of the same color as the old ones, the problem would be solved. Right now, they shine straight into the windows and can't be effectively blocked with curtains or shades. It doesn't help that half the poles are now crooked, and can be seen leaning when you look down the "runway" at night.

These new lights are a total downgrade from the nicer ones we had when I purchased the property. IMHO, the decision to change to the new lights was not in the best interest of maintaining/increasing property value. The CDD should have paid the small price to maintain them if TECO didn't.

John S. Burch

Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:10 am
Mr. Burch,

The CDD does not own nor maintain the light poles in Cory Lake. TECO made the decision to go green and therefore discontinue the previous fixtures. The fixtures they replaced them with are not a commercial grade fixture they are a residential fixture and the color and brightness are the only ones that are currently being provided. The CDD had the option to slowly phase out the fixtures as they went out or if we agreed to let TECO do a complete changeover all at once we could save a large amount annually. The board chose to 1) save the community money, 2) keep the lighting consistent throughout the community as a slow changeover would create random bright lights that would've looked really bad.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:03 am
Mr. Hall,

Thanks for your quick response. Knowing all that makes the decision sound more sensible, and I stand corrected. When the lights are removed, can I make a request for one in particular? :D

V/r,

John

John S. Burch

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:02 pm
At the April 3rd Security Committee meeting it was recommended that two (2) events be held prior to or in close proximity to the June 1, 2018 start of Hurricane Season:

1. On June 4th @ 7:00 p.m. in the Beach Club the community is planning to host an Emergency Disaster Preparedness presentation. It will be presented by The City of Tampa Office of Emergency Management.

2. The community perform a test of it's Emergency Pre/Post Disaster Plan. A possible dry run with staff, community members, etc.

Thanks.

AJ

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:19 pm
Street Lights Within Capri and Other Areas of the Community.

Although, it is unfortunate that the streets lights are not staggered across from each other, as in other areas of the community, I would not recommend the removal of any current light poles.

Hopefully, time will aid in TECO assisting with providing an alternative solution for the fixtures directly in front of homes.

The safety of residents and personal properties is paramount and the current illumination is a deterrent to auto/home burglaries and a plus for pedestrian safety.

Furthermore, as residents begin to plant trees along the curb they will certainly block the light's path into homes.

Thanks.

AJ
Security Committee

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:01 pm
Dear AJ,
Just an FYI - we are not permitted to plant curbside trees in Capri Isle. Apparently the tree lawn is not wide enough for a tree to survive, and it would surely lead to cracked sidewalks. We wanted our builder to plant our front yard tree on the tree lawn, but we were told that it was not allowed.
Best,
Lisa Ling

Amal Forbes wrote:
> Street Lights Within Capri and Other Areas of the Community.
>
> Although, it is unfortunate that the streets lights are not staggered
> across from each other, as in other areas of the community, I would not
> recommend the removal of any current light poles.
>
> Hopefully, time will aid in TECO assisting with providing an alternative
> solution for the fixtures directly in front of homes.
>
> The safety of residents and personal properties is paramount and the
> current illumination is a deterrent to auto/home burglaries and a plus for
> pedestrian safety.
>
> Furthermore, as residents begin to plant trees along the curb they will
> certainly block the light's path into homes.
>
> Thanks.
>
> AJ
> Security Committee

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:16 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: