This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1, 2
MISCELLANEOUS TOPIC 
This topic is open for suggested new Topic subjects by non-Supervisors. Only supervisors can create/start a new topic. This topic is designed so residents can post a question (or comment) to the CDD Board members. The NEW topic will be created separate from the Miscellaneous topic for ease of reply and viewing.

In order to get started, press QUOTE (rIght corner from the Author) to the Topic and type either the question or comment to the CDD Board.

Please call the Beach Club (813) 986-1031 for any questions or assistance.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:15 pm
Hello everyone,

Capri isle residents on pond have very odd sizing of lot ownership in backyard and unlike to any other pond in cory they dont own that backyard portion upto pond.

Inspite of this residents are maintaing that portion but cannot do any construction.

CDD was maintaing only 5ft portion from pond and thats stopping too.

This is very illogical to not own the portion of lot but still need to maintain without any option for utilizing for backyard covered lanai.

There are 2 other ponds in Cory , one at Canary Isle and another at Bahama isle and thats not the case for them.
They are able to use backyard upto the pond and CDD dont take maintenance vehicles around the lake.

I request CDD board to consider this odd scenario for Capri isle pond residents and provide some solution or start maintaing it.

Thanks
Prashant

Thu May 03, 2018 3:24 pm
Hello John and Sid,

Thanks for the communication from USPS on this topic however explanation is not that convincing.

I missed this topic from last month workshop.

https://www.taylormorrison.com/new-home ... -community

Check above link for new development in Tampa 9miles from cory and they do have individual mail boxes.You can call them to confirm .

This is very surprising how USPS can differ only for new development in cory - capri isle even when its part of same community ,and needs to match with other homes.

Thu May 03, 2018 7:20 pm
PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST UNDER THE NEW TOPIC "CAPRI ISLE POND RESIDENTS - BACKYARD LOT MAINTENANCE"

Fri May 04, 2018 9:43 am
THIS POST HAS BEEN MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC. PLEASE POST REPLIES TO THE NEWLY POSTED TOPIC.

Prashant Bodhe wrote:
> Hello John and Sid,
>
> Thanks for the communication from USPS on this topic however explanation is
> not that convincing.
>
> I missed this topic from last month workshop.
>
>
> https://www.taylormorrison.com/new-home ... -community
>
> Check above link for new development in Tampa 9miles from cory and they do
> have individual mail boxes.You can call them to confirm .
>
> This is very surprising how USPS can differ only for new development in
> cory - capri isle even when its part of same community ,and needs to match
> with other homes.

Fri May 04, 2018 10:45 am
What steps, discussion or direction has the CDD board taken to stop the boat and trailer storage lot (currently owned by the founder of Cory Lake Isles) from being sold to a developer who can subsequently build townhomes on it or use that lot to attempt to annex the property behind it onto Cory Lake Isles in order to build 150 low cost senior homes?

As a resident discussed during the last CDD meeting, Cory Lake Isles is a boating community that needs to have a secure place to store boats and trailers.

This is an issue that needs to be addressed by the CDD board before it's too late.

Thank you

Tue May 08, 2018 1:58 pm
I would like to rephrase my last sentence to

"It would be a good idea for the board to address this issue before it's too late"

Thanks again

Tue May 08, 2018 7:09 pm
Hi Carlos,

The lot is owned by a private party and not the CDD. As of yesterday, public records show that the lot has not been sold. If the lot sells and the owner wants to develop the land it would go through City of Tampa permitting and the DRC (POA) would have to approve the applications for construction. The lot is currently being leased via the POA from the owner for boat storage. I would recommend bringing your concerns to the POA since they would be involved in what could be built on the lot as well what might happen with boat storage.

Thanks,

Sheila

Thu May 10, 2018 12:55 pm
As some may already be aware there was another fluid spill from a Republic Services truck today. Wendy and John were alerted and they did their job very well by getting Republic Services to quickly respond to the scene. Republic was actively cleaning late this morning/early afternoon (May 10, 2018). The truck was being worked on as well. However, it's now 5pm, everyone is gone and the stain that has been left behind at the entrance of Cozumel is large. I'm hoping that they're not considering the cleanup completed.

Has any legal action been taken against Republic Services for their ongoing damage to our roads?

Thu May 10, 2018 4:59 pm
Thank you for responding Sheila. I was aware of the information you provided. My point is that if the boat storage lot is purchased by a developer everyone will lose their ability to store boats and/or their trailers here in Cory Lake Isles. This would create a difficult situation for many residents. Perhaps the CDD could publicly invite and meet the Thomasons and workout an agreement to secure that the lot remain for its current purpose. Whether it be a longterm lease agreement, or a longterm lease agreement with an option to buy and/or a right of first refusal.

This is one of the longterm community visions that we should consider. Once that lot is gone and potentially developed, it's gone forever.

Some may have the interest in developing that land for individual profit, but at what expense to the community?

Thu May 10, 2018 5:20 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1, 2

Search for: