This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
Capri Isle mail boxes 
THIS ORIGINAL POST IS FROM PRASHANT BODHE:

"Prashant Bodhe wrote:

> Hello John and Sid,
>
> Thanks for the communication from USPS on this topic however explanation is
> not that convincing.
>
> I missed this topic from last month workshop.
>
>
> https://www.taylormorrison.com/new-home ... -community
>
> Check above link for new development in Tampa 9miles from cory and they do
> have individual mail boxes.You can call them to confirm .
>
> This is very surprising how USPS can differ only for new development in
> cory - capri isle even when its part of same community ,and needs to match
> with other homes."

Fri May 04, 2018 10:41 am
Some more information on this Topic

Following 2 developments are acrosss Cory Lake main Gate on Cross Creek and still have individual mail boxes.

1. HERON PRESERVE AT K BAR RANCH – NEW TAMPA

2. MI homes at K -BAR
https://www.mihomes.com/communities/tam ... some-manor

News upodate clearly indicate the exceptions.

https://www.govexec.com/management/2018 ... or/147985/

"For residential addresses, door-to-door delivery would cease only if 40 percent of the impacted residents sign off.
New home addresses would still be able to receive door delivery if their neighbors already do. "

Capri Isle is neighborhood of Cory Lakes CDD/POA should enforce/install individual mail boxes and USPS delivery.

Capri not having individual mail boxes is contradicting with community lifestyle and maintaining unique standard across community.

Thu May 10, 2018 12:12 pm
Live Oaks last section was under construction same time as Capri Isle and they have individual mail box.

Capri Isle Houses close to the Cory lake Drive is not more than a block from the houses in Java Isle Dr.

There are huge number of mistakes happening with the mail delivery due to clustered mail box as the house numbers are repeated in Capri Isle. Important mails and packages are delivered to wrong address.

Location & design of the clustered mailbox is inconvenient during rainy season. Hurricane season is coming soon!!! Don't know who approved the mailbox location. All apartments have it at the entrance and not at the end of the community!!! Having so many mailboxes at the entrance of Capri isle is also not a good idea.

I came across an article where the post office admitted that the clustered mailbox does not save any money for USPS. If they want to save money they can negotiate with Amazon ;)

Even the mail delivery person find this inconvenient & prefer to deliver to individual houses.

Thu May 10, 2018 2:55 pm
Sai ganesh Chandrasekaran wrote:
> Live Oaks last section was under construction same time as Capri Isle and
> they have
> from the houses in Java Isle Dr.
>
> There are huge number of mistakes happening with the mail delivery due to
> clustered mail box as the house numbers are repeated in Capri Isle.
> Important mails and packages are delivered to wrong address.
>
> Location & design of the clustered mailbox is inconvenient during rainy
> season. Hurricane season is coming soon!!! Don't know who approved the
> mailbox location. All apartments have it at the entrance and not at the end
> of the community!!! Having so many mailboxes at the entrance of Capri isle
> is also not a good idea.
>
> I came across an article where the post office admitted that the clustered
> mailbox does not save any money for USPS. If they want to s
Hello Everyone,

I request CDD board to have these topics as Agenda items on 17th May meet so residents can exprress there views better for each topic.

1 Capri Pond maintenance issue
2. Capri Mail box issue

Thanks
Prashant

Tue May 15, 2018 9:53 am
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I request CDD board to have these topics as Agenda items on 17th May meet so
> residents can exprress there views better for each topic.
>
> 1 Capri Pond maintenance issue
> 2. Capri Mail box issue
>
> Thanks
> Prashant

Tue May 15, 2018 9:56 am
Thank you Prashant and Sai and all residents of Capri,

I fully understand your frustrations having to deal with the current clustered mail boxes starting with their locations, design, mail man getting confused with your mail deliveries and more.

I also see that the communities popped up around same time as Capri and some of them even later are afforded mail deliveries at their doorstep.

Not having enough information, my understanding is that originally there were supposed to be town homes (lot more than the current 115 homes) and the developer planned clustered mail boxes for that purpose. Later, when the single family homes were planned and approved the developer never bothered to change it to individual door step mail boxes, may be due to increased cost involved.

If you folks feel that the email sent on March 9, 2018 by Dan Dotherow of USPS is not accurate then I would suggest that you bring it to his attention. Also please factor in that individual mail box will cost a homeowner around $1,000 each.

I cannot speak for the whole Board but if I was living in Capri I would certainly prefer my mail deliveries at the curbside. I can assure you that CDD will cooperate and work with you anyway we can.

We will discuss this further on Thursday during the meeting.

Tue May 15, 2018 6:58 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: