This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
How to increase participation here? 
Hi Guys!

I wanted to see what your thoughts are as to how we can increase participation on the Sunshine Board? I thought it might be helpful if we add a feature that allows users to get a notification if a new comment or reply is posted. What are some other things we could try? This is such a wonderful tool but very under utilized. Would love to hear your input.

Happy new year everyone!

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:15 am
Hi Sheila,

When I was a board member we used the SB to communicate among Supervisors so that we had a sense of how we each felt on topics before physical meetings. This helped make meetings more efficient. Even when only a few supervisors participated it helped meeting conversations move more efficiently.

Also, sometimes I had to make decisions as the Chair before the next physical board meeting, so it gave me an opportunity to learn how the other Supervisors felt about the topic before I made my decision.

Residents usually got involved when we discussed topics that they brought up at board meetings. In order to save time in the physical meetings, we would tell them that we would continue the discussion on the Sunshine Board.

I found that residents participate more when they are told there is a specific item to discuss which matters to them.

I hope that helps,
Cyril

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:22 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: