This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1, 2
Beach Club Gas Grill & Oven 
This topic was originally from Carlos Guzman that was posted in Miscellaneous Topic. Below is the actual question/quote from Carlos Guzman for discussion.

The board has talked on numerous occasions about removing the Beach Club gas grill and oven. Is there a price that the board is looking for or does the board simply want it removed? Additionally, is it currently working? Please advise during this upcoming meeting unless this can be addressed here.
Thanks you.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:59 pm
There is a system inn place for selling off unwanted CDD property. This should be addressed at the next meeting

Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:31 pm
This has been through the bid process once but if there is renewed interest in these items we can discuss options at the meeting.

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:03 pm
The gas grill. I am sure the board will do just fine in executing their duty.
By the way I noticed a lot of new faces at the gym.
THANK YOU CDD BOARD FOR THE UPGRADE! Money well spent.
By the way we have outgrown the gym.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:54 am
Yes. 1 year ago the community voted 75% against the building of a new gym, that is, a new building at a cost of $750,000 to a million dollars, or $1,000 per homeowner. The community has spoken on taking this route.

With that said, the board has not looked into, not has it obtained quotes, on expanding the current gym into the beach club (to the columns, the kid area) and outward toward the boat ramp. This could easily more than double the size of the current gym. The cost would likely be a quarter to half of building a new freestanding building plus the yearly maintenance costs would also be significantly less.

Homeowners may also be looking at an additional $1,500 in the near future, based on one quote of approximately 1.5 million dollars, to recolor the roads throughout the community.

Let's listen to homeowners and represent the majority as it's done in a democracy. I ask that the CDD board members to look into expanding the current gym if it is to make any changes to our current gym.

Respectfully,

Carlos Guzman

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:56 pm
We did look into the expansion of the current clubhouse, a decade ago. That plan was quickly abandoned.
The findings on the clubhouse:
- It does not comply to ADA standards.
- there are no sprinklers that comply to code.
- the exits are not ADA standard. A disabled resident on wheelchair cannot Enter or Exit the building without difficulties.
- the restrooms are not ADA standard. Etc etc......

To start an expansion the CDD has to spend at least 100k++ to bring the building up to ADA standard.

We would like to see a new option/proposal on the table. Most residents are open to a new gymnasium without any impact to our pristine community.
Meaning- NO NEW DEVELOPMENT.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:57 pm
The Beach Club should be ADA compliant without the consideration of expanding the gym. I know of at least one honorable homeowner who is wheelchair bound. It is disgraceful that with all the spending that is discussed for "pet projects" that something so basic has not been done. Plan and budget for this board members. Beginning today, I will personally make this my mission on behalf of all our disabled residents.

(Harry) "Most residents are open to a new gymnasium without any impact to our pristine community."...???
I don't know where you're pulling your facts from but the community voted 75% against building a new gym just one year ago. Your statement is either out of lack of knowledge of a basic fact, or a really bad attempt of twisting a fact. As the POA chair it's time to become well informed and/or accept the facts.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:55 pm
Yes, I agree with Carlos that the beach club should be ADA compliant. But Carlos, can you please cool it with your tone? I don't know why whenever an Indian-American says something, you are quick to rebuttal. Maybe something in your past can explain it- I don't know. Show some respect for the POA chair. Telling him "it's time to become well informed and/or accept the facts", is quite an adversarial comment. A comment like that is hostile and does not bring harmony into the community. Let the past be the past; Haresh showed you the respect at the last meeting- you should do the same. It's time for all of us to be cordial with one another. I am here for healthy debate; not to resident bash. Please, please, please.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:54 pm
Let me refresh your memory... Khamir Patel, as many in Cory Lake Isles are aware from my prior disclosures, reached out to our CDD lawyer, Vivek K. Babbar, and told him him that he wanted to build a 55+ community...
Fact:
Email from associate lawyer Vivek K. Babbar to the senior partner Mark K Straley (Feb. 2017):
"Thanks. I spoke to him and followed it up with the attached email. I left a voicemail for the District Manager as well. Apparently the property owner Mr. Kamir Patel wants to develop a 55+ community for Indians and is hoping to get up to 120 units on the land (the lands was originally in the County, but he requested the City to annex it). They’ve already apparently been to a few board meetings as well."

You can attempt to twist my motives or character. However, everyone that knows me well, knows that I am against anyone that attempts to discriminate by culture, color, race, religion, or sex, both professionally and personally. This includes segregating the Cory Lake Isles community. Had this annexation proposal come from a white, an african-american, asian-american, latin american, etc., group proposing to segregate our community my response and push back would have been just as strong.

I advocated to the CDD board over a year ago that the Beach Club make changes to become ADA compliant and the board has ignored this. I have now taken action.

I will always fight for the right thing. Cory Lake Isles must always be an inclusive community, free of discrimination and segregation, which by the way is federal law.

So Parag, if you are against any discrimination and segregation I applaud you and I extend my hand to you or anyone else.

Peace to you and all.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:07 pm
I am saying this in all sincerity; maybe you need to refresh your memory.

The KHP thing has been discussed and shot down several times- under oath. Can you please let it rest? I am not sure what else you need. The owner of KHP put a video and went to a meeting said it was a dead issue. The board all stated it was a dead issue. Doesn’t seem to get thru to you. Mr. Burman, I have seen you after meetings having friendly private conversations with Mr. Guzman; can you please get thru to him that the KHP thing is a dead issue? All POA and CDD member are against new development.

Regarding your statement that I am twisting your character or motives, I have no idea how my previous statement even eludes to that. In fact, I even agreed with you. Please reread what I posted before coming to your unsubstantiated ideology.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:13 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1, 2

Search for: