This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1
DTE - Landscape Company 
I'd like to point out a few recent observations which we really need to be addressed immediately before it gets worse; just driving around I have noticed in several occasions several areas of neglect;

- Sprinkler systems on during the summer and even when it's raining, this should be monitored very closely however in the past 2-3 months we've had rain almost everyday most systems should be completely shut off
- Most Grass on Morris bridge exit is not looking any better, in fact it is looking more saturated and more than likely will need to be replaced
- Seasonal flowers are looking very run down in most areas - i.e. Morris Bridge and Cory lake drive T
- Street Palm trees in most Isles and around the circle are overgrown

Understand we have DTE in our Agenda for next CDD meeting, I'd like to have as much information and observations documented in preparation for our meeting. John and board members please chime in.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:53 pm
Jorge is correct

There is room for improvements from DTE on all fronts. In my opinion

Palm trees between the street and the driveway of residents never looked trimmed. It never looked uniformly cut. The 'suckers' were not removed and it looked tacky. Currently, its so dangerous to walk on the loop, if not careful you will get poked in the eye from the palm fronds.

The median on MB entrance does not look great. Too many barren spots.

Islands on every Isles needs fresh plantings.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:26 pm
Here is a short list of the most glaring and ongoing issues that does not include the beach area or trash pick ups around the amenities.

Most, if not all of these issues have been discussed multiple times before.

1. Palm tree cut backs not completed.
A. Palms in the cul-de-sac islands have not been touched.
B. Palms from Cachet bridge back (CDD palms) not touched
C. Palms at the amenities tennis court side and pool side are hit and miss.
D. Palms still have hanging branches ( I have removed some myself as I am tired of looking at them.
E. Palms still have seed pods, ferns and large weeds growing out of the tree.
2. Ligustrum trees need shaped and cut back away from roadways, streetlights and traffic control signs.
3. Mowing issues still ongoing.
A. Still scalping grass around the amenities.
B. Still missing mowing of areas
C. Still not edging all flowerbeds.
D. Still chemical edging flower beds and killing large areas of grass making it extremely obvious.
E. Mowers are still blowing grass into the flower beds and that grass is just being left.
4. Shrubs getting overgrown and dead material not being removed from the shrubs both clippings and plant die back.
5. Weeds!!! The weeds are getting way out of hand.
A. Large weeds are still being sprayed with round-up so large dead weeds are being left highly visible.
B. Islands still have weeds.
C. Round-up is still being sprayed at the base of the plant instead of hand pulling. This kills plant and weed. ( I have witnessed this myself)
D. Weeds in shrubs just being shaped to match the shrub when trimming shrub. ( Go look on Cory Lake Blvd East close to Morris Bridge, There is a lorapetalum that is almost overgrown with a weed.)
E. Vines still growing on pine trees behind Canary Isle along Cory lake Drive.
F. Vines overgrowing a reclinata palm close to the intersection of CLD and Cory Lake Blvd West.
6. Arbicola at tennis courts growing wildly into palms.
7. Edging not being done in this area either.
8. Ixora and hedge not being trimmed beside pool house.
9. Grasses and ginger are overgrown at the pool area. Grasses and flax lilies are overgrown as well.
10. Husks and other palm debris are not being picked up.
11. Mulch needs to be replaced where the palms were installed in the pool area. The bags are in the storage, it just wasn’t completed. The old stumps were supposed to be removed since they are highly visible but instead now have anchors in them for the new tree making them even more noticeable.
12. Irrigation lines are visible in the pool area everyplace. The biggest concern is near the base of the slide where the ground is over saturated and the drip line isn’t needed anyway. This has been discussed before.
13. Has anyone noticed the hibiscus in front of the Morris Bridge guard house? Any ideas why it is dying out? Any preventive measures being taken?? Also this area is full of weeds which are again as tall as the surrounding plants.
14. Are the guys leaving their water bottles and cans stuffed in the bushes??? Both my helper and myself have noticed trash in and around the areas being worked on immediately after the guys move to another area. If they are doing this it is completely unacceptable. If they are just walking past the trash in the areas they are detailing, that is also unacceptable as it is part of your contract to remove this debris. Running over trash and just moving downed limbs and other debris to the side is not acceptable.
15. The conservation is taking over the flower beds at the Morris Bridge entrance.

Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:44 am
@John please make sure they have a list of all the items you, myself and Sid have addressed. I'd like them to have prior to the meeting

thanks

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1

Search for: